Problem connecting Xcode Cloud with GitLab Self-Managed

I've done the first step for connecting the Xcode cloud with GitLab, I've followed the instructions available on this link https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/connecting-xcode-cloud-to-a-self-managed-gitlab-instance

But I accidentally deleted the app created on GitLab ( step 8 on link above), then I can't restart the process in Xcode Cloud.

Let me show the problem better...

Every time that I clink on button "Grant Access" in Xcode tool, I'm redirect to this site:

When I click on blue button, it happens on GitLab settings:

Because I deleted the settings. Then, I need to go back to step 1 of 2 and set up again.

How can I restart the process ?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ramoncruz Down vote post of ramoncruz
5.7k views

Replies

I have managed to solve this issue by configuring Xcode cloud for a new app (but with gitlab.com instead of self managed). After this go to Users and Access -> Xcode Cloud -> Integrations (left sidebar), remove app provider.

• That was a clever idea, thanks! Did the same and now I was able to remove the self managed provider from the integrations. Now I finally can start over and try to get our self-managed gitlab working with Xcode Cloud.

Add a Comment

Now this is getting funny... I cannot remove old SCM and I cannot register new one.

I was searching a bit on internet and found this: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/-/issues/3947#note_155251805 I do not have admin access to our gitlab, but can anyone with same problem try and confirm solution?

Any update now?

I got stuck at the exact same situation as y'all and I got it fixed.

Since I got stuck in the process for the self-hosted Gitlab instance I created a new application for my organization whose source-code I put on Github. That could be any example app or whatever. It doesn't matter. You just have to have a different app that you can use to finish the setup once on a different platform. You can delete it later in AppStore Connect.

Once this new workflow for the "Decoy App" is completely set up you are able to FINALLY get rid of the stuck Gitlab integration under the Users & Access tab in the App Store Connect backend. Once deleted you can start the Gitlab integration from the beginning and that worked for me!

I had a same problem. but I solved it about my case My case was solved by Primary Repository

I changed my remote repository's group, so Its path was "gitlab.aa.com/aa/myrepo" to "gitlab.aa.com/mygroup/mysubgroup/myrepo"

It wasn't a problem on browser but when I tried Grant access, It's on the error. I realized it's because redirection!

so I tried change Primary Repository

If you found out The problem is like my case, you should reconnect remote (origin)
You can delete the origin (Photo) and connect by Add Existing Remote menu on right click and than you can see the path Primary Repository changed