Did anyone else get a “Correct your banking details to receive payments” email today?

I just got one from iTunes Connect at 1am EST saying:

“Dear (my name),

We’re reaching out because your banking information in iTunes Connect is invalid and needs to be corrected to ensure the successful payment of any amounts owed to you.

Users with the Admin, Legal, or Finance role can update these details in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section in iTunes Connect. For help with making updates, visit iTunes Connect Resources and Help.

Once your banking information is corrected, it may take up to two payment cycles to send your payment. If you have any questions, contact us.

Best regards,

The Apple Music Team”

No it’s not a phishing email. The thing is, my banking details ARE correct and I’ve been getting payments there for months now. No changes. And what’s strange in that they are using a template that refers to “iTunes Connect” and “Apple Music Team”, which of course I’m an iOS Developer, and am not selling any music on iTunes / Apple Music at all.

Did anyone else get this? Were these sent by mistake? Now I’m freaking out that my payment won’t be in my bank when I wake up in the morning.

• Hi, I also received the letter. Please inform in which country is the account registered?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Thanks for updating us! Really appreciate that.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have received the same email.

• I received a message like this earlier today. And just now one for another Apple-ID. Both of them have never applied to distribute content through iTunes Connect

Add a Comment

Also received this, I don't have any paid content in any of my apps.

Also not using iTunes Connect nor Apple Music.

Just the other day I received another one about Apple Books (also don't have any published content on Apple Books):

• Received the same 2 emails. I haven't used iTunes Connect or their book store in ages.

Add a Comment

I have received the same email yesterday. The bank account is in Greece. I received payments last months successfully.

I received the same email. I'm in Germany and so is the bank account. There are no errors displayed in App Store Connect, and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be in order. The bank account has been used for years for Apple payments, never had an issue with it. So I suppose this is an error on Apple's part.

This is likely a big "oops" from Apple. I too received it at both my main job where we only distribute free apps without any banking info setup, and my side-business account where the banking info is instead correct. Both accounts are US-based.

Same here, Same bank, Same account, nothing changed for 5 years, We have paid subscription apps !! No idea what's going on ! scared the life out of me just opened a ticket and waiting for response we have BILLS to pay to sustain our apps !

Same here

I also got same email.

Got the same email

Yep. No alerts in App Store Connect, however. Appears like a huge mistake...

I had successfull payment a few minutes ago.

• You also got the email and then get paid?

Add a Comment

I received the same email, and just checked with my bank and I did receive this month's payment successfully this morning. Also haven't seen any alerts in App Store Connect (we only have apps, so not sure why this email and the previous British Columbia tax email came from iTunes Connect and the "Apple Music Team" all of a sudden).

Same email this morning. I sent a message to the Apple support to clarify the situation.

• Support confirmed it was an error.

• Thanks for the update! Makes me feel a bit better..

Add a Comment

Same here, Received the British Columbia tax email along with the bank information one. Was very confused

They most likely fixed the issue. I've just received my payment 🎉

• Received the same 2 e-mails. Separately checked my banking info which was correct and unchanged for > a year. Hope that Apple sends out a general confirmation that there was a mistake on their end, to limit the confusion.

Add a Comment