Did anyone else get a “Correct your banking details to receive payments” email today?

I just got one from iTunes Connect at 1am EST saying:

“Dear (my name),

We’re reaching out because your banking information in iTunes Connect is invalid and needs to be corrected to ensure the successful payment of any amounts owed to you.

Users with the Admin, Legal, or Finance role can update these details in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section in iTunes Connect. For help with making updates, visit iTunes Connect Resources and Help.

Once your banking information is corrected, it may take up to two payment cycles to send your payment. If you have any questions, contact us.

Best regards,

The Apple Music Team”

No it’s not a phishing email. The thing is, my banking details ARE correct and I’ve been getting payments there for months now. No changes. And what’s strange in that they are using a template that refers to “iTunes Connect” and “Apple Music Team”, which of course I’m an iOS Developer, and am not selling any music on iTunes / Apple Music at all.

Did anyone else get this? Were these sent by mistake? Now I’m freaking out that my payment won’t be in my bank when I wake up in the morning.

• Hi, I also received the letter. Please inform in which country is the account registered?

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Thanks for updating us! Really appreciate that.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here, US bank account.

You have no idea how relieved I am to see that so many people also received this email. Very hopeful it's a mistake. I've reached out to their support, but I'm guessing thousands of other developers did so too they're probably flooded with emails.

Has anyone been paid after receiving this message?

• Thanks for updating us! Really appreciate that.

Add a Comment

Just got this:

Hello,

You were recently sent an email noting that your banking information in iTunes Connect or App Store Connect is invalid and needs to be corrected. This email was sent in error and you do not need to update banking information in iTunes Connect or App Store Connect. We apologize for the error.

Thank you.

 

Finance Support

Apple Media Services

Hi Everyone,

I also got this email on 28th July 2022 but the same day the payment was received in my bank account. I checked the banking details and those were Okay. I always got my payment from apple in 1-2 days. But this time I was paid on 1st September 2022 but my payment is not yet received, Today it's Friday, 9th September 2022. If it will not receive today then I have to wait for Monday.

Delayed by 8 days so far, Is there anyone else facing this issue?

• Hello, have you received the payment? I haven't received it yet. It's been 34 days

Add a Comment

I just received this email yesterday, but my banking details are correct (according to my bank). I am from Albania and I haven't received the payment for December yet.

Anyone having this problem recently?