How to publish new dating app?

Hello,

I've developed a dating app and published it on Google Play Store without any problem. I tried to publish it on Apple App Store. But it was rejected because of Guideline 4.3 - Design - Spam reason.

I changed some design elements, added some new features and tried to publish it to Test Flight, so my friends with iPhone can test and send feedback to me. But my app was rejected again on Test Flight too with same reason.

I guess all new dating apps are being rejected with Guideline 4.3 - Design - Spam reason. I saw a lot of posts about dating apps rejected with same reason.

In fact dating app that I developed is for a small group of people and there are (as far as I count) only 5 more dating apps in App Store for same small group of people. My dating app would be the 6th of them, if it was published. I think 6 apps for same group of people should not be too much.

So my question is what should I do next? What should I do to be able to pass Guideline 4.3 - Design - Spam and publish this app at App Store?

For example should I wait for success of android version of this app. If many users are regularly using this app on android and many iOS users give me feedback as they want an iOS version of this app, and if I present these requests to apple review team, is that help to be published on App Store?

Thanks for reply.

The guidelines effectively states

the App Store has enough fart, burp, flashlight, fortune telling, dating, drinking games, and Kama Sutra apps, etc. already. We will reject these apps unless they provide a unique, high-quality experience.

Probably reviewer considered your app is not providing this unique experience.

So, you should emphasise in the message to reviewer what is really unique in your app.

should I wait for success of android version of this app. If many users are regularly using this app on android and many iOS users give me feedback as they want an iOS version of this app, and if I present these requests to apple review team, is that help to be published on App Store?

I doubt this would have influence. There are apps which are successful on Android but nevertheless not accepted on Appstore.

It would be nice if they can check and remove inactive app or spam apps which has already been approved and published to app store, instead of rejecting new apps with good features and have potential.

You are right. Also, they don't give any chance to prove themselves to new apps. Previous apps have positive discrimination, and new apps have negative discrimination. This is so unfortunate.

They will say that your dating app doesn't offer a unique experience and keep rejecting it even if you do large modifications to make it super unique. It seems they simply do not want anymore dating apps in the App Store. There was a post on Tech Crunch about a similar incident. The article said a dating app was rejected multiple times for the reason that it isn't unique, but later they rejected it for the reason it simply being a dating app. This is Apple.

I also had the same problem and I already solved it and can release it now. I don't know what the tech of your app but my App is written by RN it is ok because I disable all functions that Apple thinks are dating apps. I change the logo, app name or anything have a dating app.

Hello,

If you want to get approval from the Apple Store, you need to ensure that your dating app is unique and also provides a valuable environment for users. One of the reasons the app is rejected is because it failed to have a unique value proposition.

You should ensure your app offers a distinct set of features or functionalities to stand out from the crowd. Other than that, here are some factors you shouldn’t overlook if you want to pass guideline 4.3:

• Ensure that your app actually addresses the needs of a particular/target group.
  • Features are up to the market standards.
  • Prioritize high-quality and visually appealing Design.
  • Make sure to have transparency.

To learn more in detail about how to submit your app to the App Store, check out this link: https://www.nimbleappgenie.com/blogs/submit-app-to-app-store/

How to publish new dating app?

Q