ld: cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSuppor

I have been trying to install WebdriverAgent on Apple TV.

After pressing "Start the active scheme" button, the following error has occurred:

What should i do so this error disappear?

laptop - MacBook Pro 2021 with Apple M1 Pro chip. Xcode - Version 14.0 beta 5 (14A5294e). AppleTV 4K - tvOS 15.5.1.

Thank You in advance!

I ran into the same issue and really don't know what it means and where to search, hopefully someone can help to resolve this. I've tried several answers i found i.e. Excluded Architectures of arm64 and set Build Active Architecture Only to No but unfortunately no luck.

MacBook Pro 2019 on iPhone 13 iOS 16.0 (20A5339d) / XCode 14.0 beta 5 (14A5294e) With Xcode 13.4.1 on iPhone 13 iOS 15.5 everything worked well.

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. Did you find any solutions?

error build: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

I got the same error while building WebDriverAgent My device:

• Mac mini with M1 chip (OS 13 beta)
  • Xcode 14 Official
  • iPhone SE 2020 (iOS 16 Official)

This is my error when building using terminal

Testing failed:

Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

Testing cancelled because the build failed.

** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

Ld /Users/macmi034/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-ciegwgvxzxdrqthilmrmczmqvrgu/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/WebDriverAgentLib normal (in target 'WebDriverAgentLib' from project 'WebDriverAgent')
(1 failure)

I got same issue guyss, pleasssse help me :')

I stuck on the same - MAC OS - 12.5.1 | iPhone OS - 16.0 | Appium Version - 1.22.3 | XCODE - 14

Test session results, code coverage, and logs: /Users/siddhant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-ciegwgvxzxdrqthilmrmczmqvrgu/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2022.09.15_21-45-16--0400.xcresult

Testing failed: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64 Testing cancelled because the build failed.

** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed: Ld /Users/siddhant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-ciegwgvxzxdrqthilmrmczmqvrgu/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/WebDriverAgentLib normal (in target 'WebDriverAgentLib' from project 'WebDriverAgent') (1 failure)

Hi All,

Trying this as i got reply form appium forum , please you guys also can try and please post if any sucess

Please use latest xcuitest driver, which has the fix, with appium 2. here

I am also facing the same issue after upgrading to ios 16 and xcode 14. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Currently blocked due to this issue, does anyone found a work around?

I had tried to downgrade to 15.6.1 this does actually work built the webDriverAgent again then upgrade to 16 it last for 2 days once it create the conflict again I was blocked and I really dont want to do this process all over again

Hi all, currently facing the same issue because of this i am stuck with automation for tvOS.

error build: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

tvOS version is 15.6 Xcode version -14 Macos version -Monterey (version -12.5.1)

There is a solution/workaround in this post in Appium's GitHub from July 2022: Issue 17174's comment in appium/appium GitHub

Nevermind, it looks like it was unrelated.

linkText

XCode version : 14 When I try to build for iPhone 14 with iOS 16 version wedriveragent, this error occurs

Testing failed: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64 Testing cancelled because the build failed.

** TEST FAILED **

Environment Details:

1. Xcode Version: 14
  2. MacOS: 12.6 (21G115)
  3. Iphone os: 14.8.1 (ARM64)
  4. Appium Version: 1.22.2

Please help me resolve this issue.

Hi .. Am also getting the same error . I have tried upgrading and downgrading the Xcode but no use... Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi All,

i faced the above issue as well. i overcome the above issue by downloading and installing the XCode version 13.4.1 from the following site.

How to download Xcode DMG or XIP file? - Stack Overflow

I installed 13.4.1 from App store earlier and when i upgraded to 14 it doesn't work.

I installed 13.4.1 from the above link and it works fine. Hope this helps all.

The issue has been fixed on my side by upgrading WebDriverAgent to the latest version

1/ Download WebDriverAgent latest version

2/ Go to:

• By default: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/
  • If you use nvm to install node: /Users/UserName/.nvm/versions/node/vx.x.x/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/

3/ Remove appium-webdriveragent and replace it with the downloaded new one. It works for me!

Am also getting the same error, how can i fix it. xcode 13.3.1 ios16.0 ❌ (error log: Apple Watch may be running a version of watchOS that is not supported by this version of Xcode.) xcode 14 ios16.0 ❌ (error log: not link directly with dylib/framework your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS)

I also met this question .But if you download the lastest code ,that can be solved this question

I am also getting the same issue and while digging it more I found that WebDeriverAgent was failing on build with the following reason and apparently it is due to the restrictions on some of the libraries. It has started happening from Xcode 14. WebDeriverAgent Error: Showing Recent Issues Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

So if anyone has a solution or the work around would be appreciated!

Worked....!!!! when upgrading the Webdriver Agent to 4.9.0 when my iOS version 16.1 and Xcode version 14.1 and Appium version 1.22.3-4.

This stackoverflow answer helped me fix the issue.

Error Cannot link directly with dylib/framework Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

For both the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner targets make sure that "Automatically manage signing" is checked in & your Development Team selected in "Team" Dropdown.

For both the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner targets add arm64 in the Excluded Architectures of the build settings by clicking on + symbol(XCode version 14)

Update the WebDriverAgent to latest version. Download the latest WebDriverAgent from https://github.com/appium/WebDriverAgent/releases/tag/v4.9.0 and replace the old Webdriveragent folder with the latest, from this path Appium Server GUI.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/appium/node_modules.

That's amazing, worked for me

This solution worked for me

ld: cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSuppor

Q