ld: cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSuppor

I have been trying to install WebdriverAgent on Apple TV.

After pressing "Start the active scheme" button, the following error has occurred:

What should i do so this error disappear?

laptop - MacBook Pro 2021 with Apple M1 Pro chip. Xcode - Version 14.0 beta 5 (14A5294e). AppleTV 4K - tvOS 15.5.1.

Thank You in advance!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nabor0 Down vote post of nabor0
22k views
Add a Comment

Replies

I ran into the same issue and really don't know what it means and where to search, hopefully someone can help to resolve this. I've tried several answers i found i.e. Excluded Architectures of arm64 and set Build Active Architecture Only to No but unfortunately no luck.

MacBook Pro 2019 on iPhone 13 iOS 16.0 (20A5339d) / XCode 14.0 beta 5 (14A5294e) With Xcode 13.4.1 on iPhone 13 iOS 15.5 everything worked well.

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. Did you find any solutions?

error build: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

• Hi I am facing the same issue as above, any suggestions will be helpfull

Add a Comment

I got the same error while building WebDriverAgent My device:

• Mac mini with M1 chip (OS 13 beta)
  • Xcode 14 Official
  • iPhone SE 2020 (iOS 16 Official)

This is my error when building using terminal

Testing failed:

Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

Testing cancelled because the build failed.

** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

Ld /Users/macmi034/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-ciegwgvxzxdrqthilmrmczmqvrgu/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/WebDriverAgentLib normal (in target 'WebDriverAgentLib' from project 'WebDriverAgent')
(1 failure)

I got same issue guyss, pleasssse help me :')

I stuck on the same - MAC OS - 12.5.1 | iPhone OS - 16.0 | Appium Version - 1.22.3 | XCODE - 14

Test session results, code coverage, and logs: /Users/siddhant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-ciegwgvxzxdrqthilmrmczmqvrgu/Logs/Test/Test-WebDriverAgentRunner-2022.09.15_21-45-16--0400.xcresult

Testing failed: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64 Testing cancelled because the build failed.

** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed: Ld /Users/siddhant/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-ciegwgvxzxdrqthilmrmczmqvrgu/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/WebDriverAgentLib.framework/WebDriverAgentLib normal (in target 'WebDriverAgentLib' from project 'WebDriverAgent') (1 failure)

Hi All,

Trying this as i got reply form appium forum , please you guys also can try and please post if any sucess

Please use latest xcuitest driver, which has the fix, with appium 2. here

I am also facing the same issue after upgrading to ios 16 and xcode 14. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Currently blocked due to this issue, does anyone found a work around?

I had tried to downgrade to 15.6.1 this does actually work built the webDriverAgent again then upgrade to 16 it last for 2 days once it create the conflict again I was blocked and I really dont want to do this process all over again

Hi all, currently facing the same issue because of this i am stuck with automation for tvOS.

error build: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

tvOS version is 15.6 Xcode version -14 Macos version -Monterey (version -12.5.1)

There is a solution/workaround in this post in Appium's GitHub from July 2022: Issue 17174's comment in appium/appium GitHub

Nevermind, it looks like it was unrelated.

linkText

XCode version : 14 When I try to build for iPhone 14 with iOS 16 version wedriveragent, this error occurs

Testing failed: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64 Testing cancelled because the build failed.

** TEST FAILED **

Environment Details:

1. Xcode Version: 14
  2. MacOS: 12.6 (21G115)
  3. Iphone os: 14.8.1 (ARM64)
  4. Appium Version: 1.22.2

Please help me resolve this issue.

Hi .. Am also getting the same error . I have tried upgrading and downgrading the Xcode but no use... Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi All,

i faced the above issue as well. i overcome the above issue by downloading and installing the XCode version 13.4.1 from the following site.

How to download Xcode DMG or XIP file? - Stack Overflow

I installed 13.4.1 from App store earlier and when i upgraded to 14 it doesn't work.

I installed 13.4.1 from the above link and it works fine. Hope this helps all.

• El error que presentaba funciono con esta solucion.

Add a Comment

The issue has been fixed on my side by upgrading WebDriverAgent to the latest version

• works for me! thx

• works for me too, tks

• this also fixed it for me thanks!