ld: cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSuppor

I have been trying to install WebdriverAgent on Apple TV.

After pressing "Start the active scheme" button, the following error has occurred:

What should i do so this error disappear?

laptop - MacBook Pro 2021 with Apple M1 Pro chip. Xcode - Version 14.0 beta 5 (14A5294e). AppleTV 4K - tvOS 15.5.1.

Thank You in advance!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nabor0 Down vote post of nabor0
22k views
Add a Comment

Replies

1/ Download WebDriverAgent latest version

2/ Go to:

• By default: /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/
  • If you use nvm to install node: /Users/UserName/.nvm/versions/node/vx.x.x/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/

3/ Remove appium-webdriveragent and replace it with the downloaded new one. It works for me!

• Hey there! sorry to bother you but Im trying to follow your steps and Im a little bit lost (sorry!).

When you say that I need to remove the appium-webdriveragent folder, you mean the content inside that folder or the entire folder?

If so, Should I replace the content inside this folder with all the files from the latest version or only some files?

In case I should replace the entire folder should I rename the new folder with all the new files (or some?) with that name "appium-webdriveragent"?
  • this is worked for my project

Add a Comment

Am also getting the same error, how can i fix it. xcode 13.3.1 ios16.0 ❌ (error log: Apple Watch may be running a version of watchOS that is not supported by this version of Xcode.) xcode 14 ios16.0 ❌ (error log: not link directly with dylib/framework your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS)

• I am currently using Appium 1.22.3 and ..I tried all the steps, but still cannot resolve the issue.. I tried installing appium 2, the server seems like is running.. but the WDA does not get installed on to the device.. appreciate if anyone can help to do a work around, I am stuck with automation.. Xcode version is 14.0.1, iOS version is 16.0

the below is the error message as the build fails

"Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of ...... "

• you can download the lastest code ,here

Add a Comment

I also met this question .But if you download the lastest code ,that can be solved this question

I am also getting the same issue and while digging it more I found that WebDeriverAgent was failing on build with the following reason and apparently it is due to the restrictions on some of the libraries. It has started happening from Xcode 14. WebDeriverAgent Error: Showing Recent Issues Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

So if anyone has a solution or the work around would be appreciated!

Worked....!!!! when upgrading the Webdriver Agent to 4.9.0 when my iOS version 16.1 and Xcode version 14.1 and Appium version 1.22.3-4.

This stackoverflow answer helped me fix the issue.

Error Cannot link directly with dylib/framework Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

For both the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner targets make sure that "Automatically manage signing" is checked in & your Development Team selected in "Team" Dropdown.

For both the WebDriverAgentLib and WebDriverAgentRunner targets add arm64 in the Excluded Architectures of the build settings by clicking on + symbol(XCode version 14)

That's amazing, worked for me

if any one not able to find path for WDA, please go and check appium logs and search for "Using WDA path" key and update there updated WDA