Custome keychain API are deprecated.

I am migrating my Mac project to latest XCode. The project contains many custome keychain operation e.g SecKeyChainCreate, Lock, unlock etc. However, the latest. XCode showing the API are deprecated. What is the alternative of these API. I am not getting proper answer in Apple forum.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of skappdevloper Down vote post of skappdevloper
1.2k views

Replies

Before continuing, read On Mac Keychains.

So, this isn’t simply a case of specific keychain APIs being deprecated. Rather, the deprecation of the API is the first step along a path to deprecate the whole concept of the file-based keychain. The data protection keychain is the way forward here.

However, not all file-based keychain scenarios are covered by the data protection keychain. For example, a daemon can’t use the data protection keychain and thus it has to stick with the System keychain.

What is your product doing with custom keychains?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Add a Comment

Did you find a solution to this by any chance?

Did you find a solution to this by any chance?

What do you mean by “solution”? As I make clear in [TN3137][refTN3137], the whole concept of the file-based keychain is on the path to deprecated. The general solution for that is to adopt the data protection keychain. If you can’t do that then I’d love to hear about the reason as to why not.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"