Subscription Activation Events Dropped to 0 in App Store Connect Trends Report

Starting on August 1st, the new Activation Events for Subscribers dropped to 0 in the App Store Connect Trends Report. Our App typically gets around 40 new Activations a day, and based on Firebase Analytics and the fact we see new subscribers coming in through our DB, that trend appears to be continuing. Not much has changed with our App in the last few months and everything appears to be operating normally, which makes me think this is a reporting error on Apple's end. It's also a little suspicious that it started on the 1st of the month.

It's hard to tell, but it appears Daily Subscription Sales is reporting correctly, but Active Paid Subscribers is declining, I guess because the new Activations aren't being reported?

Has anyone else seen anything similar? I'm not sure what the next steps are to debug this other than open a ticket with Apple. Thanks.

Accepted Reply

For anyone following this issue. Our issue was resolved around Oct 19. I haven't heard from Apple exactly what happened or what they did to fix it, but all of a sudden Sales and Trends report seems to accurately reflect our active subscriber counts.

Replies

Please do file a ticket if you are still seeing this and share that #. Thank you. http://feedbackassistant.apple.com

• Thank you. This is still happening. I filed a ticket through Feedback Assistant (#11404124)

• Same problem here for many weeks and no fix on the bug even though we filed the bug. Please help.

Add a Comment

This is the exact problem we are facing since beginning of August. We have sent feedback few weeks ago to Apple but ticket is till waiting. We don't see our data correctly.

Same problem.

Just to provide an update. The support ticket we sent through https://developer.apple.com/contact/topic/select Reports and Payments has been slowly escalating through App Store Connect Support and is now being reviewed by engineering. They warn it could take a while.

To demonstrate the issue we sent Subscription Events and Sale Events Reports. In our reports we clearly see many New and Renewal Sales events with no corresponding Activation or Renew Subscription Events.

One other interesting detail is that it only appears to be happening to a subset or our SKUs. The SKUs that we do get events for are older and have shorter IDs (e.g. monthly). The SKUs we do not get Subscription events for are newer and have longer IDs (e.g. com.company.app.monthly). It seems unlikely to me that the format of the product ID could be the issue, but who knows? It could also be that it only happens to people that subscribed somewhat recently?

I'll post another update when I have more information.

For anyone following this issue. Our issue was resolved around Oct 19. I haven't heard from Apple exactly what happened or what they did to fix it, but all of a sudden Sales and Trends report seems to accurately reflect our active subscriber counts.