Scheme is not currently configured for the build action.

In the "Resolve package dependencies" step I see this error occur:

Scheme <scheme-name> is not currently configured for the build action.

I cannot reproduce locally. When I run the command: xcodebuild -resolvePackageDependencies it finishes fine.

I'm on Xcode 13.4.1 and MacOS 12.4.1

Other things I've tried:

• Verified scheme is in the workspace (not the project)
  • Deleted all schemes and auto created schemes again
  • Recreating the build action in the scheme
  • Enabled all actions in the scheme
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ben.ford Down vote post of ben.ford
3.3k views
  • I can reproduce this on a fresh clone of my project. I'm still trying to determine what is missing.

Add a Comment

Replies

I am having the same problem. Cannot figure out what it's missing.

Exactly the same for me. I took clean new laptop, pull the branch and Voila all fine locally. But Xcode cloud is unhappy with scheme.

I have exactly the same issue using Xcode 14.2, but it works fine using Xcode 14.3.1.

I had exactly same problem. For me the issue lied in "ci_post_clone.sh" CocoaPods installation step. Cocoapods installation was done through bundler and worked fine for a long time.

gem install bundler --install-dir $GEM_HOME
bundle install
bundle exec pod install

For some reason this doesn't work for Xcode Cloud setup (Xcode 15RC + Mac OS 13.5.2), but worked well for Xcode Cloud setup (Xcode 14.3.1 + Mac OS 13.4.1).

The error says :

xcodebuild: error: Scheme [SchemeName] is not currently configured for the build action.

But also in the logs I found the following

An error occurred while installing json (2.6.3), and Bundler cannot continue.

So my Pods were not installed, that was the root cause of getting that error. So if you experience the same - double check that your Pods are installed successfully.