How do I find the UDID for my iPhone 6?

Setting up/registering my device for testing requires a UDID [Certificates | Devices |iPhone]. According to various Apple support pages, that is supposed to be on the Settings/About screen, but with 10.2 that's no longer the case.

Replies

Got it; just connect the device and go to Xcode 'Window | Devices'

Also via iTunes - select the device, then click on the serial number...first click is UDID (then ECID then Model Identifier) - right click and 'copy'.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of KMT Down vote reply of KMT
You have to have a DATA cable that still works, connecting your iPhone to your computer ... then it can be detected in Xcode and iTunes ...

On the other hand, you can access https://appforshare.io/get-udid to find your current device's UDID

Add a Comment

What in the world it is hard to find out my Apple devices's UID. I've Apple iPhone 12 and I've macBook Air (2017), the cable is Type C and there is no such port. Apple's monopoly sucks, one side they say they wants to be eco-friendly and other side they are making us spend extra bucks on buying connectors, adapters.

So should I go and buy a Macbook if I want to get my iPhone UDID? Or is there a normal way, like opening up Settings app or something?