Xcode 14 - The app references non-public selectors in Payload

Hi,

I have submitted my app to TestFlight but I did receive a warning message:

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/AppNAME: dataChanged

I tried to investigate the issue but can't find a solution 🤨

Any idea?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

The problem comes from Apple. my app was approved on the Appstore without any issue.

• Mario, Apple will take forever like usual to fix it.

• Still happening in Xcode 14.1

Add a Comment

Replies

Same thing here, with different selector names.

• I tried to build and submit a different target from the same project, the one that doesn't have an Apple Watch Extension and there are no warnings from the App Store Connect for this one. Looks like these warnings might be connected to the Apple Watch Extensions.

Add a Comment

I have the same warning here with one of my apps.

Same thing for selectors: placeID and sessionDelegate

I am having the same issue, and the app version is not showing up in TestFlight.

The problem comes from Apple. my app was approved on the Appstore without any issue.

• Mario, Apple will take forever like usual to fix it.

• Still happening in Xcode 14.1

Add a Comment

I have the same warning , but how to fix it?

I don't think you can. Just ignore it. Anyway it's just a warning.

How can I ignore it? the build was not accepted, not even showing up in TestFlight.

• Found a solution that worked for me on Git:

To workaround the issue with the Xcode 14.1 beta, if you're not using the GameCenter Firebase Auth provider, you can remove the file FirebaseAuth/Sources/AuthProvider/GameCenter/FIRGameCenterAuthProvider.m after installing Firebase and rebuild.

Add a Comment

I have the same question.

This problem occurs even with CoreData generated source code. For example the following extension (generated from Xcode) causes similar warnings:

extension FolderItem {

@objc(addItemsObject:)

@NSManaged public func addToItems(_ value: FavoriteItem)

@objc(removeItemsObject:)

@NSManaged public func removeFromItems(_ value: FavoriteItem)

@objc(addItems:)

@NSManaged public func addToItems(_ values: NSSet)

@objc(removeItems:)

@NSManaged public func removeFromItems(_ values: NSSet)

}

The warnings are related to the following lines: @objc(addItemsObject:) @objc(removeItemsObject:) @objc(removeItems:)

This is all generated code from Xcode.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of deme Down vote reply of deme
  • Same as above for coredata generated function declarations warning while upload

• I'm getting the same error after adding a sticker pack about initWithStickerPackUrl. All I did was add a sticker pack extension and added some images. What is it complaining about?

Add a Comment

I have the same issue today

On my side getting similar error:

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/CICD.app/CICD: determineAppInstallationAttributionWithCompletionHandler:, lookupAdConversionDetails:, transform:
  • Got the same error message today. Xcode 14.2.

Add a Comment

Same problem with 14.2 error is The app references non-public selectors in Payload/myapp.app/myapp: fontWeight

Was working fine on previous release.

Binary does not get uploaded to App Store/Test Flight.

• same here, in my case it's an error not warning (Xcode 14.2)

Add a Comment

just updated to xcode 14.2 and am getting the same exact error: The app references non-public selectors in Payload/.... I don't have anything with Core Data. The binary is not uploaded to App Center.

Same here, shows errors, but DOES upload to AppstoreConnect. It's just a warning after all ;)