IAP product download fails with iOS16

Can anyone confirm that downloading purchased products in apps with Apple hosted content no longer works on iOS 16.0?

Downloading with my app still works when running on Silicon macOS Monterey v12.6 and iPadOS v15.6.1 but no longer on iOS v16.0.

Accepted Reply

It seems that it was a problem with iOS v16.0.x. With iOS v16.1 the download works again. Many thanks to Apple engineers for fixing it.

Replies

Could you please file a ticket in Feedback Assistant with a sysdiagnose of downloading and opening the app and any information you have about the user downloading the app, time of requests, etc. Please then post the FB number here.

Dear App Store Commerce Engineer,

Could you please file a ticket in Feedback Assistant with a sysdiagnose of downloading and opening the app and any information you have about the user downloading the app, time of requests, etc. Please then post the FB number here.

It is easy for Apple's test engineers to reproduce this problem themselves:

What you need are devices with

1. iOS v15.x
  2. iOS v16.0
  3. iPadOS v15.6.1 
  4. macOS Monterey v12.6

Choose a free app that runs on these platforms and offers some free IAP purchases of the non-consumable and Apple-hosted type. *)

(I use this one: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/taxadb/id1571018041)

With 1., 3., 4. the download of IAP content works without problems, but with 2. no longer.

*) I know SKDownload is deprecated since iOS 16 and hosted content is no longer supported. But older, existing and previously purchased content should still be downloadable?

thank you, we’ll continue testing.

It seems that it was a problem with iOS v16.0.x. With iOS v16.1 the download works again. Many thanks to Apple engineers for fixing it.