XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Hello team, On Xcode 14.1, After building the project and when the simulator launches, it shows blank black screen. Here steps to reproduce:

1. build the project with fresh device. Try changing the language to French in device settings
  2. Device should launch in French language. Instead, it loads and goes blank (blank screen)
  3. Quit the simulator (XPC error is displayed) and rebuild the project using the same simulator device.
  4. Build succeeds and simulator launches, but has blank screen on simulator.
  5. Xcode is stuck at "Launching Application"

Is this a known issue? Has anyone experienced the same? How can I fix this? Stack (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74315983/xcode-stuck-on-launching-application) says its a bug, so posting here for recommendations

Same problem TOO! help!!!

Facing the same issue. MacBook Pro M1, MacOS Ventura, XCode 14.2

Same issue on macOS Ventura using Xcode 14.2

Apple guys, please fix this bug, it's really annoying and time consuming for every rebuild.

I can make it launch after selecting "Restart" from the "Device" menu on the simulator.

I tried to attach the debugger to the process, in case the problem is in the app. I found multiple processes.

Had the same issues like you with Xcode 14.2 and OSX: Ventura (MacBook Pro m1pro ). All Problems are gone with just downgrading to Monterey.

1. No more Black Screens
  2. Simulator doesn't stuck at launch
  3. Simulator feels snappier at launch

Having the same issue. Hoping that apple will fix it in a few years.

This is a horrible issue. Apple asks developers to pay, lock into their ecosystem and throws such bad issues at developers. Are you listening Apple?

The recent 14.2 release of XCode is just garbage. There are so many issues (including crashes). By far, this is the worst one. Apple, are you listening?

I think it's useless but I will add to the pile here:

macOS version: Ventura 13.1 XCode version: 14.2 (14C18)

Same issue with the simulator -> Very time consuming workaround by restarting the simulator...

The same issue appeared after upgrading to Ventura 13.1 (22C65) The xCode Version 14.2 (14C18)

Started happening after updating to Ventura.

Ventura 13.2 + Xcode 14.2

Deleting DerivedData helps, but have to do before every build.

Same problem! help!!!

Facing same issue. Have to reboot simulator before every build.

Using MAC Mini M1 Xcode 14.2 Ventura 13.1

I just upgraded to mac OS Ventura 13.2 and I was working with Xcode 14.1, suddenly when I tried to open a project in which I work on regular basis Xcode get stuck when loading the project.

I tried everything from delete derive-data to erase repository and unistall/install xcode. But nothing have worked .

same for a long time

Same issue Xcode 14.1 and Ventura. Exhausted now with quitting simulator again and again for each build.

Same here. A Rosetta-related bug?

I also have a similar problem, it seems that after I open xcode with rosetta.

But it's still the same after I turn off rosetta mode, and it's still the same after I uninstall and reinstall xcode.

I can lanuch app two or three times after restarting the simulator, and then build + run again, the simulator displays a black screen, and xcode is stuck in launching application.

Too tortured.

After updating to Ventura 13.2 and using XCode 14.2 the problem seems to be solved! I tried two things at the same time so don't know witch one was the solutions:

• Upgrade to Ventura 13.2 (from Ventura 13.1)
  • Re-login apps in the terminal and restart the machine:

sudo rm /private/var/db/com.apple.xpc.launchd/loginitems.$(id -u).plist

I can confirm that removing the Rosetta option from the Xcode.app solves the problem

Of course only if you have a M1 or M2 Mac (time for a change ???) In addition it compiles much faster!

Kudos to the community

Same issue on Mac OS ventura xcode 14.2 on M2 chip

Issue still happens on ventura 13.2 + xcode 14.2, in rosetta mode and in non-rosetta mode. Re-login apps in the terminal and restart the machine doesn't help.

@apple pls help

Same Problem here since I updated to Ventura.

same as above peeps Ventura Xcode 14.2

XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Q