XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Hello team, On Xcode 14.1, After building the project and when the simulator launches, it shows blank black screen. Here steps to reproduce:

1. build the project with fresh device. Try changing the language to French in device settings
  2. Device should launch in French language. Instead, it loads and goes blank (blank screen)
  3. Quit the simulator (XPC error is displayed) and rebuild the project using the same simulator device.
  4. Build succeeds and simulator launches, but has blank screen on simulator.
  5. Xcode is stuck at "Launching Application"

Is this a known issue? Has anyone experienced the same? How can I fix this? Stack (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74315983/xcode-stuck-on-launching-application) says its a bug, so posting here for recommendations

Why doesn't Apple fix this? This is a very critical issue.

Same problem here with Xcode 14.1 and MacOS Ventura 13.1 !!! :( Terrible problem

Facing the same issue, MacBook Pro M1, MacOS Ventura, Xcode 14.2. *** apple??

+1

Seems new project created by Xcode 14.2 don't has this problem.

same problem need someone to fix it

Same error to me in xCode 14.2 (Ventura 13.2.1) please help ! !

we have same issue,

Same problem! Xcode 14.2 (14C18) macOS 13.2.1 (22D68) MacBook Pro 16 M2 Pro

open Activity Monitor,then search launch_sim,kill this process, then I can rerun the sim,

The same goes for me - macOS Ventura 13.2.1 & Xcode 14.2 (14C18) & Apple M1 16 GB RAM, it's really annoying...

I gave up developing on mac studio(m1 ultra). Until this issue is fixed, we develop on a 2017 MacBook Pro. FYI there is no problem with my intel mac book.

The worst thing about the issue is that Apple knows about it but they aren't fixing it in Xcode 14.3. RC 2 came out and the issue is not fixed.

So we will have to wait at least for several months it seems, which is unfortunate.

I am really tired of relaunching my simulator on every second attempt to run the app.

Known Issues
Repeated Build & Run targeting iOS 16.1 and later simulator runtimes may sometimes result in a hung launch. (101990080)

Workaround: Reboot the simulator device and reattempt the launch.

Same issue on Xcode 14.3 RC2

Same problem with Xcode 14.2 on Ventura

Does Apple really value its developers? Every generation of xcode has a variety of issues, and most of them have never been fixed or even answered, like this one

Can we update original post and tag someone from Apple? This thread is definitely not getting attention that it deserves.

14.3 Still same issue

Because this is still in the release notes of the 14.3 😬

Known Issues Repeated Build & Run targeting iOS 16.1 and later simulator runtimes may sometimes result in a hung launch. (101990080) Workaround: Reboot the simulator device and reattempt the launch.

I had hope on xcode 14.3 but still the black screen keeps running with Rosetta. At each execution in the simulator it is already necessary to close it.

I have updated my Xcode to 14.2 and the same issue happens here. It does not work even if I restart the simulator. Since my Mac is intel based there is no workaround using Rosetta. The simulator with iOS 16 runtime can not be booted, it hangs in blank screen. However different simulators with iOS 15 runtimes works well. MacOS 12.6.5 & XCode 14.2. This is really annoying Apple.

Hi,

I had the same problem, and I figured it out... The problem occurred when you use the install Xcode from external hardisk or USB just uninstall the existing Xcode, then download clean one from https://developer.apple.com/xcode/ and install it then all work fine.

Hope this help you

I downloaded from the AppStore 14.3. For my working project I needed 14.2. Downloaded the release 14.2 from the Apple website. Unzipped, renamed Xcode -> Xcode_14.2. Threw it into Programs. Rebooted the laptop. Then I started Xcode_14.2. I switched to Xcode - Settings - Locations - Command Line Tools, chose 14.2 and everything worked for me.

And at 14.3, when the simulator was running, I did: Device - Erase All Content and Settings... To reset. (Deletes all applications, all data on the simulator)

Maybe it will help someone.

Info system: MackBook Apple M1 Pro Ventura 13.3.1 Xcode 14.3/14.2

Same error to me in xCode 14.3 (Ventura 13.3.1) please help ! !

Same issue here

• MacBook 2020 M1
  • XCode 14.2
  • Ventura 13

Still no solution?

XCode 14.1: Stuck at "Launching Application" after building the project

Q