app cannot be installed because it's integrity could not be verified

suddenly getting this message for test flight installs

what is going on?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of kargoedev Down vote post of kargoedev
62k views
  • I'm facing the same error. When installing a build from TestFlight, getting the error as "this app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified" Any solution team?

• Good day my fellow Appler, it looks like there's an outage with the "Developer ID Notary Service", which can be seen here.. This is most likely the root of the issue you're (we're) having.

• apple seems to have fixed this issue

Replies

I was getting it too. I tried a bunch of stuff- deleting app, reinviting testing user, deleting and re-installing TestFlight. Nothing has worked. Now, I don't get an error, but the latest version of my app in TestFlight won't update. It acts like it's going to, but it fails and I get the "install" but reappearing.

I got the "Beta Expired" and "Integrity could not be verified" errors along the way today.

• another update: we found a workaround till apple fixes: install an older test flight build (ours was from yesterday). dont run it but then install the latest test flight build, but Do Not press the Open button in test flight, go and launch the app from home screen. then it launches and can be re-launched over and over. check the version in your app if you can, to make sure you have the latest version. if you accidentally press Open in test flight, you have to repeat the procedure

• by the way the older test flight build has to be one that worked before.

Add a Comment

yes same here, tried a bunch of stuff like that. it looks like it installs but then says Install again, and the app on the home screen of the phone has a little cloud icon w/ a download arrow on it.

we found this other commentary on this problem. no solution for us yet but there are some ideas there:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/720033

i put in a call to support, they had not heard about this issue yet.

weird thing, installed ok on ios15.6.1 but not ios15.4

ok it just worked (good test flight install) on my ios16.1.1 phone... weird. maybe it is fixed now?

update: it only ran once after install. then when i tried to relauch the app, it showed the beta expired alert again.

• hold on, it only ran once after i installed it. then when i tried to run again, says beta expired. something strange going on.

• We are experiencing the exact same user experience with our test flight build(s).

Add a Comment

Same. Everything runs fine until trying to install on the device from TestFlight. Clicking Install attempts to download and then fails, returning back to the screen with the install option

We are seeing the same problems. @apple help please

Same here, all apps that are on TestFlight fails to install/update. Only grayed icon with cloud download, and in TestFlight app install option again, when i try to run "installed app" say: " Unable to Install . This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified."

Tried every possible thing and solution, build xy number of builds again and again. Still the same problem.

Apple do something!!!

Add a Comment

Same

Same thing started happening to me today with a new build. I've tried a couple and same things happen. I found one workaround though. If I delete the app I'm developing, install an old build through test flight, and then update it to the new one it works for me. I was going to push my new build to the app store but I don't know if this issue would cause problems so I'll have to wait until this is resolved I guess.

• Thanks for the workaround!

• It works just for the first launch after update. On the second attempt it shows "{{app}} Beta is Expired". Probably have to wait till apple resolves Developer ID Notary Service Outage:

12/05/2022, 10:30 PM - ongoing 80% of users are affected Users may be experiencing issues with the service. We are working to resolve the problem.

.. from their system-status page

Add a Comment

Same here. @apple??

This started happening to me today too, 12/7/2022 in the middle of a couple of builds.

I have this problem too. the build made today gets this problem. the old builds don't have issues.

We're having the same problem

Having the same problem.

Same issue occurring here - tried all sorts of signing and cert Re authorizing to no avail. Please help…

Having the same problem. And don't know if it will affect the release publish.

same. The app uploaded 8 days ago downloads and installs fine, but the app uploaded today does not install.