Testflight "Beta Has Expired" message when it has not expired

When trying to launch the app through testflight, i'm getting an error popup saying:

"MyAppName" Beta Has Expired

However, it literally says "Expires in 90 days" in testflight (i made this build yesterday). Only uninstalling the app and reinstalling through testflight fixes the issue. Restarting the phone does not work. This has happened multiple times with different builds and is starting to become an issue.

I suspect it might be related to us having many older builds that are expiring due to age, however I've double checked that only the latest non-expired build is the one installed on the device.

I also found this other (unsolved) forum post from 3 years ago which seems to describe the same problem. https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/117035

This just started happening to us today as well. Sounds like maybe it’s an issue on the Apple Developer side of things?

I've been seeing this same issue for around a week now. The most common (though still inconsistent / rare) way I've been able to repro it locally is by doing the following:

1. Open app, see that it works normally
  2. Send new build to TestFlight
  3. Pull to refresh in TestFlight, see that there is an update button available, but don't tap update
  4. Try to open the app, see "Beta Has Expired" message

In this situation, if you update the app manually the app will start working as expected.

One other scenario I've only encountered once:

1. App updates in the background overnight to a new build in TestFlight
  2. Try to open the app, see "Beta Has Expired" message
  3. Open TestFlight, see that I'm on the latest version and there is no version to update to

In this situation, the fix is uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

In both situations, an automatic background update seems to be able to restore from an expired build back to a valid one. This requires submitting a new build to TestFlight and waiting, and isn't a great solution since it means we may just expose other users to the same issue and thus move the problem around without eliminating it.

We're hitting this as well; many of our TestFlight users are having issues where once we ship a new build, their old build (despite not being Expired anywhere in TestFlight) fails to launch with a "Beta Has Expired" issue. Sometimes, the current (most up-to-date) build also yields the same error.

We are seeing this as well. Versions are built daily, so we know they are not actually older than 90 days. Re-installing the app and toggling the auto update setting did not fix it for effected users.

Our team first encountered this issue on 11/11 for employees who autoupdated. We made another new TestFlight build later that day and the issue seemed to go away on its own.

Today (11/18) the issue has resurfaced again for people who autoupdated, but not for people who manually updated. The issue goes away when you download the App Store version and reinstall the same "expired" build from TestFlight.

For both 11/11 and today when we noticed the issues, we hadn't seen TestFlight System Status report issues via https://developer.apple.com/system-status/. Seems like a transient issue from Apple.

This way worked for me On appstoreconnect, go to Testflight > Internal Testing > Testers Remove the tester account on the machine with the above error, then add it again -> it works

The problem still persists for us. We also had the first issue over a week ago and still get this from time to time.

The same problem even when manually updating new version from Testflight.

I see the same problem

I see the same problem

Same here. also confirmed that certs and profiles are both valid.

I tried to re-invite myself, (Stop testing then send TF Invitation again), but I doesn't work. Then I tried to download the older version(build generated around 3 days ago) and it successfully downloaded, then I proceeded to the latest one.

but the error will show up after a few minutes, even after the workaround that I did.

Today, I see the same problem

We are hitting the same problem after we incremented our marketing versions. It is happening consistently accross 3 different schemes. We are using Xcode Cloud.

Same problems with TestFlight

We are having the same issues. We have tried multiple builds at this point.

I'm also having this issue now. Haven't found a workaround yet... I have created a new build but now it won't install and I don't have any error messages.

I have updated my certificates/profiles a few days ago, maybe it's related? I had been able to do a successful Test Flight build right after, but not anymore...

Same to me as well, few days ago (5 Dec) no issue when I built, but for today, it happened, I was thought it was my problems, when I google search I saw many developers have the same issue, may I know when Apple will fix this , as I abit urgent on my tasks, thanks in advance

Started experiencing this same issue yesterday. Tried to push a new build with the same results. Oddly, the app seems to work fine on iPad but not on iPhone.

I have the same any updates ?

we are also facing the same issue when we make build from transporter and upload it to appstore it shows issue. But for build uploaded via Azure using fastlane its working fine

Temporary fix I found for people who need to see their apps on the test devices. I found that you can go into testflight->click on the problematic app-> click on previous builds. From there you can load a previous build and update that build with the update button or simply click install on the most previous build. This allowed me to download and test the most recent build for a few sessions until the message returns again. If it returns you can just redo those steps and it should download again

i'm also experiencing the issue. any solutions yet?

Same here, We are seeing the same

Testflight "Beta Has Expired" message when it has not expired

Q