iOS 16 | Screen Time API | Missing Family Controls from Provisioning Profile

Hi there!

Please help me coupe with next issue...

The project was building and archived without any issue. When I added Family Control capability, I started receiving this issue:

I set up all certificates, created provisions. Tried to do it automatically through Xcode, did it manually, created .certSigningRequest, changed Xcode to 13 version (I'm using 14) - nothing helped me.

• Please share your thoughts what can be wrong?

I'm not owner of Apple's dev account. I have Admin access rights.

• Do I need something else?
  • Is Apple requires additional permissions or some requests to use Family Control capability?

Thank you in advance!

missing com.apple.developer.family-controls / Missing Family Controls from provisioning profile

Accepted Reply

Hi Leo and other folks who is stack with this. You need to do next:

1. You need to request ENTITLEMENT KEYS (com.apple.developer.family-control).
  2. You must do it only from Account Holder. Even if you Admin - you can’t do it. Wait for Apple’s approval. It could takes up to the week. You will receive an email related to Account Holder.
  3. You must do it only from Account Holder. Even if you Admin - you can’t do it. Wait for Apple’s approval.
  4. After you’ve got approval, go to the Identifiers, choose your app’s id, open it. Now you should find Additional Capabilities tab. There should be Family Controls (Distribution) - just Enable it.
  5. Create new Provisioning certificates, download, install.
  6. (Optional) To make sure everything is setup correct, you can do the dump of your new certificate before install it, but this step is not required. If you going to do that, you can check Eskimo's answer, you need to only 5th step.
  7. (Optional) It will be good to clean your Keychain with old certificate related to your app, before you install new one.
  8. Make sure you’ve added Family Controls Capability in the Xcode and you can see it in .entitlements file.
  9. Fingers crossed🤞 Now everything should work 🔥 

Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦

Replies

I have the same problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you very much!

• 请问解决这个问题了吗? 如果解决了,能提供一个联系方式吗,请教一下

Have you solved this problem? If so, could you please provide me with your contact information

Add a Comment

Hi Leo and other folks who is stack with this. You need to do next:

1. You need to request ENTITLEMENT KEYS (com.apple.developer.family-control).
  2. You must do it only from Account Holder. Even if you Admin - you can’t do it. Wait for Apple’s approval. It could takes up to the week. You will receive an email related to Account Holder.
  3. You must do it only from Account Holder. Even if you Admin - you can’t do it. Wait for Apple’s approval.
  4. After you’ve got approval, go to the Identifiers, choose your app’s id, open it. Now you should find Additional Capabilities tab. There should be Family Controls (Distribution) - just Enable it.
  5. Create new Provisioning certificates, download, install.
  6. (Optional) To make sure everything is setup correct, you can do the dump of your new certificate before install it, but this step is not required. If you going to do that, you can check Eskimo's answer, you need to only 5th step.
  7. (Optional) It will be good to clean your Keychain with old certificate related to your app, before you install new one.
  8. Make sure you’ve added Family Controls Capability in the Xcode and you can see it in .entitlements file.
  9. Fingers crossed🤞 Now everything should work 🔥 

Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦

Leo, in case you also faced with this issue or just passed it without any problems, please share you experience. I'll appreciate it! 🙏 

This post might help you:

1. Request the Family Controls permission for your app through the request form
  2. Once the entitlement is granted (took about 3 weeks but I've seen varying time frames on the forum), you have to enable Family Controls in your App Store Connects Identifiers section (you only see this option once the entitlement is granted): Identifiers > your_identifier > Additional Capabilities, there you enable Family Controls for App Store distribution. You'll have to do this for all of the Identifiers of your app that use Family Controls, e.g. the extensions etc

I have requested ENTITLEMENT KEYS (com.apple.developer.family-control) using the form that you mentioned above about 10 days ago.

However I have not received any feedback since then.

From your experience, how long did it take for the request to be analyzed?

I have applied for this for two developer accounts now. One took 31 days and the other took 33 days (was done over a weekend, so it seems to me it's literally just 31 days from the first Monday after submitting).

I contacted Apple dev support. Dev Support told me it's another team (Operations?) and they would pass along a request through their supervisor. I received no updates during this period (beyond "still going" when I asked). It didn't seem to help that we had external deadlines communicated. No additional information was requested.

So as far as I can tell (and this seems to be the standard experience) it's just 30+ days brake check. Hang in there, good luck.

• Hi heykurt,

thanks for sharing your experience!!

Add a Comment