Restoring user’s purchase in app with a different bundle id under the same developer account

Have a question I couldn’t find any good answers to online, and before I burn a developer relations ticket, I was hoping maybe the community might known an answer.

We currently have two apps, one with a subscription, with bundle id com.companyName.app1 and another with a different bundle id, call it .app2

In the future, we are hoping to migrate all users into one app, .app2, as this has way more content and a larger user base than .app1.

However, we are not sure what effect this will have on those that have purchased subscriptions in .app1. We know that removing app1 from sale will retain the existing subscriptions and auto-renewals that were in place.

But will we be able to restore these subscriptions somehow in app2? My research tends to lead me towards no, due to them having a different bundle id. But we do also keep a record of the user subscription in our cloud, so I’m not sure if we could somehow use that version of the receipt.

TIA for any help!