Can't Apple Watch App Widget Complication to Update

Hello,

So I made a VERY simple watch app that basically tracks drinks for a project. I was going to go with complications, but they seem to be outdated. Lo and behold Widgetkit! I set up a VERY simple widget that shows the drink count in my app, and it works AMAZINGLY well in Xcode using the WidgetCenter.shared.reloadAllTimelines() function.

However, on actual hardware, the widget will only update to the new drink count if I lock and unlock the watch. It does update overtime in accordance to the widget timeline, but I'd rather it update while the user is in app (no update budget used) and in real time, so the user doesn't see their drink count from 2 minutes ago after they've already added a drink.

Keep in mind this is a WatchOS app, there is no iOS app it's attached to. Is there anyway I can refresh or re-render the widget like how the Lock/unlock watch does?

Anyone else having this issue? I see a few options, but they involve creating an iOS app with background enabled.. I'd like to keep this simple and a watchOS app.

Thank you

Accepted Reply

There's no reason to create an iOS app; this should work. Can you please file Feedback and attach a sample app that demonstrates the issue? Thanks!

• Submitted, thank you

• Created a feedback ticket, please let me keep me up to date on a possible fix I'd like to add this functionality asap

Add a Comment

Replies

There's no reason to create an iOS app; this should work. Can you please file Feedback and attach a sample app that demonstrates the issue? Thanks!

• Submitted, thank you

• Created a feedback ticket, please let me keep me up to date on a possible fix I'd like to add this functionality asap

Add a Comment

Hello, just wondering if you were able to view my feedback report

Can you please post the FB number?

Any feedback on this?