iMessage Schedule Send

Dear developers: Thank you, thank you for adding the capability to unread text messages & show them as new!

A truly helpful addition would be “Scheduled Send”. Example: You couldn’t sleep & you’re up at 3 AM and need to text somebody but it’s way too early to do that. And unfortunately, you’re worried you might forget later in the day to send some important information. So, it would be great if there was a feature to create a text and schedule it to send later at 8 or 9 AM. Any chance you could bring this to fruition?

Best, CJ

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of CJ_d Down vote post of CJ_d
  • Yes, PLEASE! Your neurodivergent users who only remember to message someone at a terrible hour, but will 100% forget to send it tomorrow NEED this! Android users have had this feature for a long time. PLEASE! My brain desperately needs this, because I will ABSOLUTELY forget to delete the shortcut if I use that workaround.

Add a Comment

Replies

I thought I saw news where it was now possible to schedule a text without using the shortcut app, and then having to go in and delete after it was scheduled. A QUICK FIX would be to add a "ONCE" to the Shortcut App instead of having to choose Daily, Weekly, or Monthly. A BETTER solution, requiring much more work would be to be able to PUSH and HOLD the SEND button in the Messages app and a NEW Menu item "Send @" or "Send in *** hrs/min", etc. Should be relatively easy to manage from the server side of things, so phone doesn't need to be on, or in network (think of flying without wifi, climbing a mountain, or leaving the country) - Steve