3+ weeks of waiting for Family Controls entitlement

3.5 weeks ago I submitted form https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/family-controls-distribution to get Family Controls entitlement for my app.

I still not received any feedback at all...   Contacting Support also doesn't help...

Is there any time limits for this request or any average time of waiting for feedback?

Replies

I also encountered the same situation, where can I see the progress of these situations?

Finally recived Family Controls entitlement In total took 4.5 weeks.

Hope everyone get their entitlement soon

• Yay!

• Hey @eskimo, do you know how long the entitlement process is supposed to take? I'm seeing it range here from between <7 days to >3 months and I'm a bit stressed about trying to hear back about whether I can testflight my project. Thanks if there's any insight you might have.

• @ksen17, when you recieved your entitlement can I ask how you were notified (by email)? Just trying to be aware of where I should keep an eye out for potential updates.

Add a Comment

I recived Family Controls entitlement in a week

Put in my request last week. Didn't receive a confirmation number or email. Reached out to support for a status update and am still waiting on a response.

This process seems opaque and frustrating; personally, this entitlement is the last bottleneck to sending my app out on TestFlight and I can't really gauge if/when it'll be resolved.

• Now at 3 weeks of no update, email, or timeline from the screentime/entitlements team after putting in my entitlement request. Hoping there can be transparency on this soon, my app is ready for Testflight otherwise 🙏

• Support sent the following message a few days ago after eating 3 months and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything similar:

”I have received update from our operations team advising that they have forwarded this request to the appropriate team for handling and further review.

Also, that due to the access given when this entitlement is granted, it goes through a longer review process. Therefore, we are unable to guarantee any sort of SLA or response as these are handled by another team.”

• Sorry to hear, Justin, and that doesn't seem to bode well for the rest of us. I received this message 10 days ago:

"I see you are asking about the time line for the approval or a way to track it along the way. Currently the specific team that will review your request, does not provide an estimated time. Thank you for contacting Apple Developer Program Support."

This is probably my biggest point of stress with Apple right now, as my beta testers can't get the app until Apple responds.

yep, my guess is that since it’s the middle of the summer, teams at Apple are probably a bit delayed getting to these requests. I wouldn’t worry too much though as it seems like we’ll both eventually get approval. Just a waiting gam rn!

case number: 102010488779

someone please help with this 😓

• We were denied family controls for no reason. We are a small startup with many users excited to test our product and have waited nearly 4 months for this entire process. This is extremely disappointing and could end our venture.

Can someone please provide us with more information? We need this entitlement to survive.

Thank you

Add a Comment

6+ weeks of waiting for Family Controls entitlement

Was granted for main application in only 2 days. Didn't realize extensions each needed their own submissions.

Now at 10+ days with no word back on extension approvals. Just word of caution for others to submit extensions at same time as main application.

• Same for me. Have you heard back ? Its frustrating that it is so intransparent.

• @Flowco just spoke to entitlements team. The representative I spoke to was aware of the entitlement, but advised that their team does not handle the Family Controls entitlement & it goes to a 'more technical team' tho they could not forward me over. They sent me over an email to provide more information around the business need to have the request expedited. Although I'm not certain the mailbox I responded to is actually monitored 🤷‍♂️ Seems there's a lot of mystery surrounding Family Controls

• @baker2795 Okay thanks, for the info. It seems wired to me that waiting times differ so much. I guess the only thing we can do is wait and meditate :D