Invalid 'com.apple.application-identifier' entitlement value

I am trying to resolve this issue when uploading a Mac app with a share menu extension to App Store Connect:

Invalid Provisioning Profile. The provisioning profile included in the bundle com.goldenhillsoftware.Unread2.SubscribeInUnreadExtension [com.goldenhillsoftware.Unread2.pkg/Payload/submitmac.app/Contents/PlugIns/ShareExtension.appex] is invalid. [Invalid 'com.apple.application-identifier' entitlement value.] For more information, visit the macOS Developer Portal. (ID: 01a4a823-62e9-4278-b3b5-46266b168a65)

I understand that it wants a com.apple.application-identifier entitlement, but I do not understand how to provide that entitlement. I have tried putting it in the .entitlements file, but that has not worked.

Is there a place where I can specify the com.apple.application-identifier entitlement associated with the App ID or when manually generating an entitlements file from the Developer Portal? I don't see it in the list of App Services associated with an App ID in the developer portal.

I have seen other threads where folks seem to get past this by deleting currently downloaded provisioning profiles and using Automatically manage signing, but I have not had success with that either. Am I right that the value should be (TeamId).com.company.(AppName)? Should the entitlement include the extension itself ((TeamId).com.company.(AppName).(ExtensionName))?

Thanks.

John

Replies

So, let’s start with some basics: Are you building and submitting this using Xcode? Or are there third-party tools involved?

If so, what Xcode version?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I figured out my problem. I had configured the app extension with a different prefix from the main app. The main app has my Team ID as the prefix. Somehow I configured the extension to have some other prefix for its bundle identifier. I fixed it by creating a new App ID for the extension.

Thank you for the reply, Quinn.

John

• Yay! And thanks for closing the loop.

Add a Comment