Xcode 14.0 not building to iOS 16.3 device

I am developing an iOS app targeting iOS 16.0 using Xcode 14.0. I can build and run the app using the Xcode simulator, but when I try to run the app on my device using iOS 16.3 I get the following error message from Xcode:

The run destination [device name] is not valid for Running the scheme [app name]: Failed to prepare the device for development. This operation can fail if the version of the OS on the device is incompatible with the installed version of Xcode. You may also need to restart your Mac and device in order to correctly detect compatibility.

I have tried restarting both my machine and device, cleaning build folders but nothing seams to work.

Is this an issue with Xcode 14.0 or iOS 16.3?

You have to use Xcode 14.2 to target 16.3 on a connected device. If you build an archive build you should be able to side load it to your device, but it isn't a great debugging experience.

Accepted Answer

You have to use Xcode 14.2 to target 16.3 on a connected device. If you build an archive build you should be able to side load it to your device, but it isn't a great debugging experience.

I am developing an iOS app targeting iOS 16.6 using Xcode 14.2. When I try to run the app on my device using iOS 16.6 I get the following error message from Xcode

**Failed to prepare the device for development. ** This operation can fail if the version of the OS on the device is incompatible with the installed version of Xcode. You may also need to restart your Mac and device in order to correctly detect compatibility.

Xcode 14.0 not building to iOS 16.3 device

Q