Getting (arm64) could not find object file symbol for every symbol in static library

Hi! I've recently upgraded to XCode 14.3RC and am getting the warning

(arm64)  could not find object file symbol for symbol

for virtually every symbol found in my C++ static library linked to my app.

For the C++ lib compilation and app build I haven't changed anything, this seems to be coming with the new XCode version. I've searched literally everything on the web regarding this issue, however nothing was useful:

1. tried comparing the .o file paths in both versions of my built C++ lib (the one compiled with apple clang 14.0.0 and the one compiled with 14.0.3)
  2. Dumped the debug info with dwarfdump, the debug symbols seem to be there
  3. Tried pre-linking the object files

Nothing seemed to work so far, still trying to find the difference(s) between the two versions ... I target arm64 btw.

Did something change in Apple Clang with the new XCode regarding the compilation? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention I upgraded from XCode 14.0.1 and was using Apple Clang 14.0.0 when compiling the static lib.

Rosetta support was removed if building on Apple Silicon. So your C++ library might need to be rebuilt for arm64 or Apple Silicon. In my opinion Xcode 14.3 RC is not ready for prime time as it has trouble launching on Intel as well.

I am building the C++ lib for arm64 ...

So is this arm64 specific? Or are you seeing it for other architectures?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I've just hit the same issue after switching to Xcode 14.3. Linking our iOS application with WebRTC C++ static library now produces 2500 warnings. I guess this is the dsymutil that has problems. Building for arm64 and WebRTC C++ library targets arm64 also.

@ciceron1, did you find a resolution this? I am seeming a similar issue and it is generating 8k+ warnings when we create the dSYM.

Getting (arm64) could not find object file symbol for every symbol in static library

Q