After Last Xcode Update (14.3 14E222b) I am no longer able to archive my app

A few days ago, I updated to a new XCode version. I am trying to upload a new version of my dictionary app. Despite the app continues to work on iPhone and iPad emulator and on my MacBook air without any problems, archiving fails, with errors like:

"Showing Recent Messages

PhaseScriptExecution [CP]\ Embed\ Pods\ Frameworks /Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSo zluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/TDSozluk.build/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.build/Script-230E8AB192F5AF3BFB41DCB3.sh (in target 'Cevirdic.biz' from project 'TDSozluk')

cd /Users/****/Documents/xcode\ tutorials/TDSozluk

/bin/sh -c /Users/***Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/TDSozluk.build/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.build/Script-230E8AB192F5AF3BFB41DCB3.sh

mkdir -p /Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks

Symlinked...

rsync --delete -av --filter P ..?????? --links --filter "- CVS/" --filter "- .svn/" --filter "- .git/" --filter "- .hg/" --filter "- Headers" --filter "- PrivateHeaders" --filter "- Modules" "../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" "/Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks"

building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/Users/****/Documents/xcode tutorials/TDSozluk/../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" failed: No such file or directory (2)

done

sent 29 bytes received 20 bytes 98.00 bytes/sec

total size is 0 speedup is 0.00

rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/97f6331a-ba75-11ed-a4bc-863efbbaf80d/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9] Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code mkdir -p /Users/**/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks Symlinked... rsync --delete -av --filter P ..?????? --links --filter "- CVS/" --filter "- .svn/" --filter "- .git/" --filter "- .hg/" --filter "- Headers" --filter "- PrivateHeaders" --filter "- Modules" "../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" "/Users/****/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/TDSozluk-fyaevjsikqxslsfftcfoztnlvofn/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/TDSozluk/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/Cevirdic.biz.app/Frameworks" building file list ... rsync: link_stat "/Users/altan/Documents/xcode tutorials/TDSozluk/../../../IntermediateBuildFilesPath/UninstalledProducts/iphoneos/GoogleUtilities.framework" failed: No such file or directory (2) done sent 29 bytes received 20 bytes 98.00 bytes/sec total size is 0 speedup is 0.00 rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/97f6331a-ba75-11ed-a4bc-863efbbaf80d/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9] Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code"

I don't know if the problem arises from something I did but despite I did everything I could find online (like reinstalling cocoapods, uninstalling them, defining the google modules expilitly, etc.) I am failing with flying colors. Since I cannot archive the app I cannot upload it to the store. What should I do?

TIA

P.S. After the first version of the app (which I successfully archived and published) I changed its app/module name from TDSozluk to Cevirdic.biz. However this caused no complications till the latest XCode update and I WAS able to archive and upload many (about 5) updates of the newly named app (ie cevirdic.biz.

• It works when copy "arc" folder to "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/arc/"

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

There is an issue with Cocoapods now, because Xcode 14.3 is now using a relative path in its symlink for frameworks.

Either wait for release of Cocoapods version 1.12.1 or make this simple change in your Pods-APPNAME-frameworks.sh file:

Replace:

if [ -L "${source}" ]; then
    echo "Symlinked..."
    source="$(readlink "${source}")"
  fi

with:

echo "Symlinked..."
    source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"
  fi

Note that -f was added.

• Since I am a noob on MacOs platform would you please elaborate where/how to find that shell script file too? Despite I find myself quite savvy with linux platforms, I cannot come to grips with MacOs. Thank you!....

• Never mind I have found it. It is in the project folder. Just search/find files starting with "Pod-" and you will find it. However since I am senior(ish) citizen, I have difficulty using this tiny screened MacBook Air. If I can afford a new one I will buy a giant Mac. Now I will try to test your solution.

• work for me thanks! 🫶🏻

Replies

Hi TIA,

I had the same issue. After messing around with it for a day, I just downgraded back to XCode 14.2. I was able to archive and upload to the App Store as usual. In addition to deleting XCode 14.3, I deleted the contents in the Derived Data folder. Not sure if it was necessary, but you may want to do that as a precaution.

Here is where you can download older versions of XCode: https://developer.apple.com/download/all/?q=Xcode

I just now started having the exact same issue. The build runs fine on a physical device and simulator, but I cannot archive it to send to TestFlight.

I am getting same error

I'm having the same issue.

I have the same issue.. anyone knows the solution?

Same problem here

Same here, for all production builds actually. The breaking change in a minor release does not seem to be planned.

Same problem here. Anyone found a solution?

Same problem

Same problem here. Anyone found a solution yet?

Same problem here. Anyone found a solution?

There is an issue with Cocoapods now, because Xcode 14.3 is now using a relative path in its symlink for frameworks.

Either wait for release of Cocoapods version 1.12.1 or make this simple change in your Pods-APPNAME-frameworks.sh file:

Replace:

echo "Symlinked..."
    source="$(readlink "${source}")"
  fi

with:

echo "Symlinked..."
    source="$(readlink -f "${source}")"
  fi

Note that -f was added.

• Since I am a noob on MacOs platform would you please elaborate where/how to find that shell script file too? Despite I find myself quite savvy with linux platforms, I cannot come to grips with MacOs. Thank you!....

• Never mind I have found it. It is in the project folder. Just search/find files starting with "Pod-" and you will find it. However since I am senior(ish) citizen, I have difficulty using this tiny screened MacBook Air. If I can afford a new one I will buy a giant Mac. Now I will try to test your solution.

• work for me thanks! 🫶🏻

And it worked. Thank you a million!...

• It worked for me too, thank you so much!

Add a Comment

thank u very very much. I spent the whole day to try to resole the problem ...

Now I am encountering another problem: I can now archive the app but when I try to validate and/or distribute app, the Archives dialog box says it cannot find my App Store Connect Credentials. Anybody else experience this? I even opened a bug report for this but so far no response/action yet.

• Wow! This saved my day! How did you figure this out? I couldn't have doen that in a million years.

• This issue I am facing while releasing a new version of my framework to Cocoapod. EnablexWebRTC (1.0.2) - ERROR | [iOS] unknown: Encountered an unknown error ([!] /usr/bin/curl -f -L -o /var/folders/mv/vjq48h6s349c4scqf3_9r89r0000gn/T/d20230509-5698-9vakf9/file.zip https://www.enablex.io/httpdocs/developer/wp-content/uploads/EnablexWebRTC_1.0.2.zip --create-dirs --netrc-optional --retry 2 -A 'CocoaPods/1.12.1 cocoapods-downloader/1.6.3'

[!] The spec did not pass validation, due to 1 error.

Add a Comment