Keychain Access error and reinstall

When I use Keychain Access to access .pem files, I receive an error, "An error has occurred. Unable to import an item. The contents of this item cannot be retrieved". I have used every method suggested such as change access the open only function. This it is not an available option to me. I have cleared all keys/certificates and rebooted my computer an innumerable amount of times. Utilized various method under "import items," saved to system, system roots, and local items and nothing works.

The solution seems to involve removing and reinstalling the app, however, I am not able to perform this action. No matter the method used to access this app, via spotlight, go app, go utilities, or app search using finder, there is no option to delete the app. When I drag it to trash, it bounces back. I have two plus one guest users. I have repeated each of these actions under each user login believing one could be a master account.

I ran the following command code to remove the app: sudo rm -rf / Applications/Utilities/Keychain\Access.app. After prompting me for my password, which seemed like a good sign, I receive the following message: rm: "/" may not be removed.

I am crippled in AWS because I am unable to decrypt and access Key Pairs.

I do not understand why I cannot delete the app. I do not understand why "keychain" may not be removed. Does anyone have any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, or considerations? I am grateful for any advice.