Xcode 14.3 - Multiple commands produce swiftsourceinfo

Hello, I am with a long running project that is written in Objective-c and Swift (more). I have added a widget target extension to the project, but can't compile since there is this issue:

What is the potential problem and how to solve it?

= swiftsourceinfo

Multiple commands produce '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/Project/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftsourceinfo'

Target 'MyApp' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.swiftsourceinfo' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/Project/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftsourceinfo'

Target 'MyAppWidgetsExtension' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyAppWidgetsExtension.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.swiftsourceinfo' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/Project/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftsourceinfo'

= arm64-apple-ios-simulator.abi.json

Multiple commands produce '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.abi.json'

Target 'MyApp' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.abi.json' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.abi.json'

Target 'MyAppWidgetsExtension' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyAppWidgetsExtension.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.abi.json' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.abi.json'

= .swiftdoc

Multiple commands produce '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftdoc'

Target 'MyApp' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.swiftdoc' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftdoc'

Target 'MyAppWidgetsExtension' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyAppWidgetsExtension.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.swiftdoc' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftdoc'

= .swiftmodule

Multiple commands produce '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftmodule'

Target 'MyApp' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.swiftmodule' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftmodule'

Target 'MyAppWidgetsExtension' (project 'MyApp') has copy command from '.../Build/Intermediates.noindex/MyApp.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyAppWidgetsExtension.build/Objects-normal/arm64/MyApp.swiftmodule' to '.../Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/MyApp.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftmodule'

Accepted Reply

Here's how I fixed it...

1. Select your Extension target and go to Build Settings
  2. Search for "module" and look for Packaging -> Product Module Name. You'll probably see that the "Resolved" column is showing the same name as your main target.
  3. Type a unique name in the middle column (the column is titled "WidgetsExtension" or whatever your extension target is called)
  4. You should see that the "Resolved" column now shows the unique name you entered.

It should hopefully build now.

• Life saver brother thanks!

Add a Comment

Replies

hi @pchojnowski Did you get the issue resolved? I'm also facing the same in one of my project. It would be helpful if you provide any info on it.

Add a Comment

Same issues here.

Here's how I fixed it...

1. Select your Extension target and go to Build Settings
  2. Search for "module" and look for Packaging -> Product Module Name. You'll probably see that the "Resolved" column is showing the same name as your main target.
  3. Type a unique name in the middle column (the column is titled "WidgetsExtension" or whatever your extension target is called)
  4. You should see that the "Resolved" column now shows the unique name you entered.

It should hopefully build now.

• Life saver brother thanks!

Add a Comment