What system APIs are available for alarms and "undismissable" notifications

I have an idea for an iOS App that involves creating alarms and "undismissable" notifications.

Currently, iOS has multiple system features like silent/ring mode, focus mode, security protections, and other system features that would limit the functionality of an app with this purpose. Basically, think of a system Amber Alert or how the iOS Alarm app works. Regardless of these system settings, the user will be notified of the importance of the alarm immediately.

What I'm trying to develop are really two separate things. First an alarm app without a snooze (or a set snooze limit) where you must prove that you're awake. Second, integrate a web API service for volunteer first responders that notify them to respond to an emergency via an iOS app.

These are not features that would limit a user's privacy, their experience using iOS, and, quite frankly, be something that is so difficult to implement.

If anyone can direct me to any system APIs that would be available to use for the start of this app or make me aware of any "blockers" that would absolutely prevent me from developing this in iOS, I would really appreciate it. My research has not been very in depth and there are differences in opinions on approaches and possibilities. If you are an engineer at Apple and this turns out to be impossible or impractical with current versions of iOS, it would be great to have the ability to be able to do something of this nature in the future.

• I would love to see some systems api's like these. Good luck.

Add a Comment