Setting Up App for Subscriptions in the Future

This may be a bit high level, but wanted some clarification as I can't be sure from reading the documentation.

I am considering adding paid subscriptions into my app at some point in the future. Initially, though, I would like the app to simply be free to use.

Even though I won't be charging subscriptions right away, would it make sense to implement the mechanics for subscriptions into the app right away for each user (and simply have the subscription be $0/month, for example)?

Or will it be easy enough in the future to add the option for a paid subscription and integrate it seamlessly with existing users?

To provide some additional context, I don't want to implement any sort of custom account creation / registration logic into my app (i.e. like on a social media where each user creates a username and password) - I would simply like to be able to utilize Apple's logic for Apple IDs and such to eventually handle payments and subscriptions. Is this something I should reconsider?

Replies

Hi,

Yes you could add a subscription feature later, and implement an account creation for your user is not something mandatory, its your own decision.