Cannot Fetch Mail in iOS 17 beta 1

Has anything changed on how iOS 17 fetches mail from IMAP server?

Ever since installing iOS 17 beta 1, I cannot get mail from anything other than gmail (push).

I have tried changing my accounts to use both Push and Fetch, neither work.

Error message just reads that it remote server not responding.

Everything worked in iOS 16. Only change is the iOS 17 beta.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of yabz Down vote post of yabz
7.3k views
  • Now I can fetch mail. But but when I try send one email to trash didn´t work. I have to move it manually.

• Beta 3 fixed the problem on my 14 pro max. yippee!

Add a Comment

Replies

I'm seeing the same thing... back to iOS 16.5 for now.

• I maintain my own MS Exchange server. For our iphones, for various reasons, we use IMAP for connectivity.

I put IOS 17 on my iphone this AM. Can't access email with the Apple Mail app anymore. Deleted the account and recreated. Still can't connect.

Spark email client still connects and exhibits no issues.

Add a Comment

Same issue here. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Mail app to no avail. The Outlook app works fine, though.

• I can send mail but not receive on the Mail app. As stated before, Outlook app works fine.

• Me too.. Same problem!! IOS 17 Beta has IMAP - mail problems!! No problem with iCloud mail - gmail etc.. Only with nameservers .

Add a Comment

I installed 17 in iPhone and iPad. Using the email from Apple @me, seems very buggy… messages don’t sync correct, sometimes receive email in iOS and don’t receive in iPados

I'm not sure if it's the same as your issue, but I'm encountering a regression with IMAP + self-signed SSL certificate ("bad certificate format" -9,808), which does not occur with iOS 16.5. I've not found any workaround, so I'm unable to access my e-mail from my phone now. I filed feedback FB12267927 for this.

• Just to confirm, as others have noted, I still see the same error on beta 2. I also saw "POSIX error 50" once but then the original error code I mentioned above returned after relaunching the Mail app. I've tried re-adding my account, and it did not resolve the issue.

• As others have noted, this problem appears to be resolved with beta 3.

Prior to updating from beta 2, I had removed the IMAP account. I was able to re-add the account after updating, with the usual warnings about untrusted SSL certificate, and no longer encounter the original error. Mail was able to download my messages, so it seems to be working.

Add a Comment

I too encounter the same problem. I can't connect my personal mail in imap. I was able to get it to work in POP only

Solved! Just I make it! you must erase and re-add the mail accounts but this time nOt like IMAP but POP!

iTS WORKING PERFECT!!

• Adding the account as POP accounts isn't really a solution if you're working with the account on multiple devices.

Add a Comment

Same issue here I can't fetch anything. I get an error; 'Server message "(null)". I use Outlook now for my IMAP accounts and that works.

Yes, same problem here. After upgrade to iOS 17, no IMAP accounts cant recieve mails.. Critical alert!

SAME ISSUE... IMAP ACCOUNTS WONT SYNC!!!

SAME ISSUE, cannot fetch all IMAP mails!!!

I also encountered the same problem with the new iOS17 beta 2. I only see the problem on emails from third party services, those from icloud work instead.

do you know how to fix imap?

still doesn't work in beta 2 :(

That's right, it still doesn't work with the update. In my case the error message is: Network error (POSIX 60).

Have exactly the same problem. IMAP with 993

• Can confirm on both Beta 1 and 2. Right after updating to Beta 1, Mail app was draining the device like constantly so I even had to delete the built-in Mail app. Now with Beta 2 I had to delete the local provider's account so that the Mail app wouldn't display a lot of garbage. Can't be re-added, failing on SSL issues. After force-adding, I'm getting -65554, MFMessageErrorDomain:0, and other goodies.

Add a Comment