Cannot Fetch Mail in iOS 17 beta 1

Has anything changed on how iOS 17 fetches mail from IMAP server?

Ever since installing iOS 17 beta 1, I cannot get mail from anything other than gmail (push).

I have tried changing my accounts to use both Push and Fetch, neither work.

Error message just reads that it remote server not responding.

Everything worked in iOS 16. Only change is the iOS 17 beta.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of yabz Down vote post of yabz
7.4k views
  • Now I can fetch mail. But but when I try send one email to trash didn´t work. I have to move it manually.

• Beta 3 fixed the problem on my 14 pro max. yippee!

Add a Comment

Replies

Still the same problem in Beta 2.. Come on :-)

If you are affected by this, please make sure that you file a report using Feedback Assistant and reference my feedback report FB12267927. Apple can only fix issues that they are aware of. So far, it seems this is not on the list of known issues, and it's unlikely to come to their attention via comments in the forum alone.

• I’m updating this feedback report to indicate that the problem appears to be fixed with beta 3.

Add a Comment

Same thing happened with certificate (self-signed) error. Mail could be sent but not received on third party map. On iOS 17 Beta 2

I was having the same issue all of a sudden. My AT&T email was working just fine with beta 1, then was working initially with beta 2 but then all of a sudden stopped working. Removing and re-adding the account seems to have it back up and working again though.

I see in feedback assistant that there are more than 10 similar reports. It’s very little. Quite strange

The same issue on IOS 17 beta2 Imap server is: Courier-imapd-ssl port 993 SSLv3 (debian) SMTP is working ok

Mail app is not reciving any mails - "server did not responf, cant fetch mails" Everything was ok on IOS 16.x

Beta 3 fixed the problem on my 14 pro max.

Third beta resolved problem with IMAP :D

In my case, 17 beta 3 is still having this issue :(

Installed Beta 3 last night and my IMAP problem is resolved. Did nothing else.

The issue is still there!

Beta 3 the problem seemed solved but from Beta 4 to 6 it still gives me the same problem if I'm not under Wi-fi network.

Nothing to do!

even with Beta 7 I always find the same problem with the Mail app that is unable to receive and send mail if it is not connected to the Wifi network. I wonder if it is a common problem or just mine and if there is a way to fix it.