Login background items on ventura/sonoma

Hi, as title said, i have two problems with new login items on Ventura/Sonoma. I have main bundle and 5 background tasks. First problem: After installation, menu item for background tasks have name of company instead of application name. I read thread about it, but it seems be a long time. Is it possible that bug is still present on released Ventura? Thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/713493 Second problem: One of the background tasks can create plist and copy to /Library/LaunchDaemons. After that, i have two login items with different labels, one item as mentioned in first problem e.g. company name, and second login item for created plist, but with right name. Each plist has AssociatedBundleIdentifiers set to bundle id. Thank you

Accepted Reply

This is becoming a bit of a FAQ so I collected my experience into Background items showing up with the wrong name. Please read that through and then post back here if you have any follow-up questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Replies

This is becoming a bit of a FAQ so I collected my experience into Background items showing up with the wrong name. Please read that through and then post back here if you have any follow-up questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi eskimo, creating a helper app to handle launchd commands seems to work properly and login item have right name now. Thank you !