Xcode Cloud does not find my tag

I have a repo with hundreds of tags (we make a tag for every build and for every version, and it has a browser extension project pulled in as a subtree where all those commits can and do have version tags of their own). I am trying to create a simple tag-triggered workflow to release my app to the external users and the app store, so I want to trigger it every time I update and push an e.g. latest tag.

I created a workflow and setup the tag trigger accordingly, but, in the workflow config, it says it can't find the tag. I saved the workflow anyway, however, when I try to manually trigger the workflow and browse the Tags tab, I only see a subset of the repo's tags. I suspect Xcode Cloud might be limiting the number of tags it pulls and consequently shows when searching tags.

I think this is a bug/shortcoming of Xcode Cloud. Is there any way to work around this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dcowuno Down vote post of dcowuno

Replies

Have you ever been able to figure out a solution ? We are spinning in circles here to try and understand what could go wrong, but we still don't have a clue after several hours of brainstorming....

@neywen we gave up on Xcode cloud.

• thanks for your answer, I'm thinking about that twice a day, but I'm still able to find some benefits in keeping it at work :)

Add a Comment

We just managed to fix our problem without being sure of why and how :) basically :

• we had a trigger for "tag change" which did not seem to work. While editing the workflow, the expected tag was not printed in the search list. And, again, the job was not triggering as expected.
  • we added a manual trigger to the workflow. Started a manual build.
  • and then pushed again a tag change on the remote repository, which has triggered, as expected, the automatic start of the workflow.

So, nothing fancy here, just a little bit of old school "shut up and do as I say".

l.