ApplicationTokens changing

We persist ApplicationTokens in a storage container that ShieldConfigurationExtension has access to. In rare, cases all the ApplicationTokens for a user seem to change.

We know this because the Application parameter passed into configuration(shielding application: Application) -> ShieldConfiguration function has a Token that does not match (using == ) any of the ones we are persisting in storage.

Interestingly, the persisted ones still work, so I don't believe storage has gotten corrupted or anything. We can use them to add or remove shields, we can use them to display labels of the apps they represent, etc. But they don’t match what’s passed into the ShieldConfiguration extension. If the user goes into the FamilyPicker at this point and selects an app of a token that we are already persisting, the FamilyPickerSelection will have a token matching the new one that is passed into ShieldConfigurationExtension, not the one we persisted when they last selected that app.

This leads me to believe the tokens are updated/rotated in some cases. When and why does this happen, and how can we handle it gracefully?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of _anteloper Down vote post of _anteloper

Replies

We have the same issue. is there any update on this?

Did you ever solve this problem?

One situation where this can occur is if you join an iCloud family. I suppose that since tokens are intended to be shared among family members in some manner, they will be updated at this moment. I hope this helps!