Crash when using example from 'Meet Object Capture for iOS' WWDC2023

Hi. Each time when I am trying to capture object using example from session https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2023/10191 I have a crash. iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17 beta 3. Xcode Version 15.0 beta 3 (15A5195k)

Log:

ObjectCaptureSession.: mobileSfM pose for the new camera shot is not consistent. <<<< PlayerRemoteXPC >>>> fpr_deferPostNotificationToNotificationQueue signalled err=-12 785 (kCMBaseObjectError_Invalidated) (item invalidated) at FigPlayer_RemoteXPC.m:829 Compiler failed with XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERRUPTED Compiler failed with XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERRUPTED Compiler failed with XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERRUPTED MTLCompiler: Compilation failed with XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INTERRUPTED on 3 try /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MetalPerformanceShaders/MPSCore/Utility/MPSLibrary.mm:485: failed assertion `MPSLibrary::MPSKey_Create internal error: Unable to get MPS kernel NDArrayMatrixMultiplyNNA14_EdgeCase. Error: Compiler encountered an internal error ' /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/MetalPerformanceShaders/MPSCore/Utility/MPSLibrary.mm, line 485: error ''

Replies

Yeah we are also getting a lot of random crashes. Most seem to be related to the Metal framework. I have reverted to Beta 2 for now which seems far more stable but sadly produces much inferior results in our testing.

Hi, this is a known issue that Metal is working to resolve. I’m not sure of any workaround unfortunately.

Oh, so seems like only we can wait?

• Yeah. I am sure they are working on a fix for beta5. There is still a lot of warnings related to the new ObjectCaptureSession() we observe in Xcode so I am sure they are working to resolve all these as we speak.

Add a Comment