Sign in with Apple button dark mode in Swift

I implemented Sign in with Apple but in all cases the button is always black. I would like to show it in light/ dark mode depending on the phone settings.

This is my code:

class MyAuthorizationAppleIDButton: UIButton {

private var authorizationButton: ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton!

@IBInspectable
    var cornerRadius: CGFloat = 3.0

@IBInspectable
    var authButtonType: Int = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.ButtonType.default.rawValue

@IBInspectable
    var authButtonStyle: Int = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.Style.black.rawValue

override public init(frame: CGRect) {
        super.init(frame: frame)
    }

required public init?(coder aDecoder: NSCoder) {
        super.init(coder: aDecoder)
    }

override public func draw(_ rect: CGRect) {
        super.draw(rect)

// Create ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton
        authorizationButton = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton(authorizationButtonType: .signIn, authorizationButtonStyle: .black)
        let type = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.ButtonType.init(rawValue: authButtonType) ?? .default
        let style = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.Style.init(rawValue: authButtonStyle) ?? .black
        authorizationButton = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton(authorizationButtonType: type, authorizationButtonStyle: style)
        authorizationButton.cornerRadius = cornerRadius

// Show authorizationButton
        addSubview(authorizationButton)

// Use auto layout to make authorizationButton follow the MyAuthorizationAppleIDButton's dimension
        authorizationButton.translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints = false
        NSLayoutConstraint.activate([
            authorizationButton.topAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.topAnchor, constant: 0.0),
            authorizationButton.leadingAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.leadingAnchor, constant: 0.0),
            authorizationButton.trailingAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.trailingAnchor, constant: 0.0),
            authorizationButton.bottomAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.bottomAnchor, constant: 0.0),
        ])

}

}

So basically with the code above, I can set on Storyboard the style of the button but it seems that even if I change the value at my code, the result is based on what I chose on Storyboard's variable.

Is there any solution where I would be able to show the button in light/ dark mode depending on the phone settings ?

Answered by Louiza1234 in 760149022

I found the solution.

First of all, I had to remove the @IBInspectable from my code to avoid setting those values in Storyboard.

Then, I found a way to dynamically change the style when the user switches dark mode on or off.

So, the update code following the Apple Human Interface Guidelines is:

var authButtonType: Int = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.ButtonType.default.rawValue

var authButtonStyle: Int = UITraitCollection.current.userInterfaceStyle == .dark ? 0 : 2

}

}

super.draw(rect)

authorizationButton = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton(authorizationButtonType: .signIn, authorizationButtonStyle: .black)
        let type = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.ButtonType.init(rawValue: authButtonType) ?? .default
        let style = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton.Style.init(rawValue: authButtonStyle) ?? .black
        authorizationButton = ASAuthorizationAppleIDButton(authorizationButtonType: type, authorizationButtonStyle: style)

// Use auto layout to make authorizationButton follow the MyAuthorizationAppleIDButton's dimension
            authorizationButton.topAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.topAnchor, constant: 0.0),
            authorizationButton.leadingAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.leadingAnchor, constant: 0.0),
            authorizationButton.trailingAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.trailingAnchor, constant: 0.0),
            authorizationButton.bottomAnchor.constraint(equalTo: self.bottomAnchor, constant: 0.0),
        ])

}

}
Accepted Answer

I found the solution.

First of all, I had to remove the @IBInspectable from my code to avoid setting those values in Storyboard.

Then, I found a way to dynamically change the style when the user switches dark mode on or off.

So, the update code following the Apple Human Interface Guidelines is:

var authButtonStyle: Int = UITraitCollection.current.userInterfaceStyle == .dark ? 0 : 2

}

}

super.draw(rect)

])

}

}
Sign in with Apple button dark mode in Swift

Q