Using Bluetooth microphone while controlling audio with A2DP profile.

Hi I'm developing a full-duplex iPhone voice chat application and I'd like to intercept bluetooth headset button events to perform certain actions in my app while maintaining a full-duplex audio. I'm using the MediaPlay to intercept remote bluetooth AVRCP MPRemoteCommandEvent play/pause events as well setting AVAudioSession to use the BluetoothA2DP category, however, when I do this, I can't seem to use the bluetooth microphone as an audio input. Specifically, when I query AVAudioSession for available inputs, bluetooth is not returned. I'm guessing this is because A2DP is a half-duplex protocol, but my understanding is that AVRCP events are only available with A2DP. The other bluetooth profile choice is HSP (AVAudioSession category Bluetooth), which works for full-duplex audio, but does not appear to provide a way to intercept the various AT commands from this profile unless I'm in an actual telephone call. For example, when I use HSP and press a button on my headset, I see in the logs the AT+CHUP command being sent from the headset to the phone.

Two questions:

• Is there a way to use a bluetooth microphone while using A2DP for output at the same time?
  • If the above can't be done, is there a way to intercept the HSP AT control commands from a headset without being in a telephone call?

Thanks.