Xcode Cloud Error: Authorization Issue with Cloning Git Submodule from Self-Hosted GitLab

I'm encountering an authorization issue while attempting to build my app project using Xcode Cloud. My project includes a Git submodule hosted on our self-hosted GitLab instance (the main repository is on the same instance). During the build process, I receive the following error message: "An additional repository requires authorization." The logs are are showing that there was an attempt to clone the submodule via ssh.

When I created the workflow, It managed to establish the connection between App Store Connect and the Gitlab instance. For both the main repository and the submodule.

The settings of my app shows the primary repository but no additional repositories. Adding the submodule to the primary repositories did not help.

Changing the cloning configuration for the submodule from SSH to HTTPS is NOT an option.

Are there any additional steps which need to be taken?

Here are the logs:

I was able to solve the problem with replacing the url of the git submodule with the relativ path to the repo within our elf-hosted GitLab instance.

Xcode Cloud Error: Authorization Issue with Cloning Git Submodule from Self-Hosted GitLab

Q