How to create App Shortcut just like New Note from Notes app

In iOS 17 when you search Spotlight for Notes you can see it has an App Shortcut titled New Note that simply opens the Notes app and starts composing a new note. When you open the Shortcuts app, create a new shortcut, search for and tap Notes, notice the New Note action is ONLY included at the top - it's not in the list of actions underneath. There is another intent in the list titled Create Note which will create a new note using the content you specify without opening the Notes app.

I want to achieve this same thing in my app - an App Shortcut to open the app and start creating a new item, and a shortcut action to create a new item without opening the app. How can this be done?

So far I have created two AppIntents, NewItem and CreateItem. My AppShortcutsProvider only includes NewItem. This works great when searching for my app in Spotlight. But when I open Shortcuts and go to add an action from my app to a shortcut, it includes Add Item at the top as an App Shortcut but also in the actions list underneath. Create Item is included in the list as well which is confusing. I don't want Add Item to be an available action because it's fairly useless to open the app and start creating an item, instead they should use Create Item to create an item in the background.

Do I need to instead create a single shortcut that behaves differently in Spotlight vs Shortcuts, is that possible?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Jordan Down vote post of Jordan