Xcode 15 - 'DYLD 1 Library missing' error when running simulator with iOS 17 beta

Hi everyone! Using my Mac with macOS Ventura 13.5.1 and Xcode 15 beta 7, when I launch my application using a simulator with ios 17, the app crashes with 'DYLD 1 Library missing' error - Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/NewsstandKit.framework/NewsstandKit. I tried the same using a simulator with iOS 16, and it works ok, but I need to make tests with iOS 17. Anyone has experienced something like that or any suggestions in order to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 763144022

NewsstandKit was deprecated many moons ago and has been removed from iOS 17 beta. We call this out in the release note. You’ll have to update your code to break that dependency.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

NewsstandKit was deprecated many moons ago and has been removed from iOS 17 beta. We call this out in the release note. You’ll have to update your code to break that dependency.

Share and Enjoy

I am trying to download a sample MAUI project provided by visual studio 2022 version 17.7.3 and xcode version 15_6. The program runs on the android emulator and maccatalyst but does not compile and run on actual device because NewsstandKit is missing from the new Xcode release.

I am not using NewsstandKit and not really sure what even does.

I think there is something wrong with Xcode version 15_6 as it does not allow a build to go to the iPhone. Version 15 doesn't work either.

I tried version 14.3, 15, 15.6 upgraded my iPhone and mac versions and so forth. I have been trying to do one simple task for over a month.

Has anybody had this problem?

The release notes say that NewsstandKit was removed from 15_6 so why is it still trying to link in?

I am trying to download a sample MAUI project provided by visual studio 2022 version 17.7.3

If you’re having problems with sample code published by a third-party vendor, I recommend that you seek advice from that vendor.

Share and Enjoy

Xcode 15 - 'DYLD 1 Library missing' error when running simulator with iOS 17 beta

Q