Good afternoon,

I wanted to comment something to see if you can help me find a solution. The apple review team tells us the following

“Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed that your app requires users to register with personal information to purchase in-app purchase products that are not account based”

To use our applications you have to buy them but we want users to be able to try it for free for a few days before buying it. Therefore, to avoid that they can use it during the trial days and then uninstall and reinstall it we have put a register at the beginning. This way when the trial days are over they will only have the option to click on the Unlock button which will take them to the App Store to buy it.

But I see that in Apple's Best practices it says:

“Delay sign-in for as long as possible. People often abandon apps when they’re forced to sign in before they can do anything useful. To help avoid this situation, give people a chance to get a sense of what your app or game does before asking them to make a commitment to it.”

Our app has 4 working modes. I thought that, as soon as they download the app, users can use one of the modes without registering for unlimited time (we are not selling this mode but giving it away for free).Since this is a magic app, we don't want anyone who downloads it to immediately know all the secret tricks of the app, especially since it is an app that has appeared several times on television and can be found by non-magicians. Within the menu there would be a button with the option to register where it would be explained that by registering you have access to a free trial of the rest of the modes along with the explanation of the tricks. By doing this, those users who do not want to do it will be able to stay with a free mode, but the magicians who are really interested can access the free trial and once finished they can buy it. At any time they can unsubscribe and delete their data.

I think it is a good way to “give people a chance to get a sense of what your app or game does before asking them to make a commitment to it”

I would appreciate if you could tell me if this would be useful before starting the changes.

Thank you very much

Q