Unable to Verify App: An internet connection is required to verify the trust of the developer' ... This app will not be available until verified.

Recently after updating iPad devices on 16.6, our devices is giving following error on all of our enterprise applications.

Unable to verify app. An internet connection is required to verify the trust of the developer iOS version of iPad devices -> 16.6

Xcode version -> 14.2(14C18)

Certificates and provisioning profiles are valid, we have cross checked that and it is causing only on few of our devices.

Below are the screen shots attached for info:

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Rajeev100 Down vote post of Rajeev100
2.6k views

Replies

Same here Xcode version -> 14.2(14C18) iPhone 12 Pro 16.6.1 iPhone11 17.0.3 iPhone11 16.6.1

Same here iOS 16.6~17.2

• same here iOS 16.6 And iOS17.1.1, please help me

Add a Comment

We're seeing the same problem.

Apple Entreprise Developer account, and our apps are compiled with the latest Xcode (15.1.0) and running on the latest iPadOS (17.2).

The message has been appearing seemingly randomly on our devices after each update of our apps. Once a device is in this state, the only solution we have is to reset the device complexity (which seems to imply that it's a problem with the device and not the app / the provisioning profile).

We tried revoking our all our certificates and provisioning profiles, but the issue keeps popping up.

This is very very VERY frustrating, and Apple refused to let me use a DTS to get help on this topic...

The only relevant logs I can find are :

SpringBoard	[com.redacted.redacted - signature state: Profile Needs Network Validation, reason: Requires Network Validation
SpringBoard	Attempted to launch an untrusted application scene sceneID:com.redacted.redacted-default
SpringBoard	Transition request <SBMainWorkspaceTransitionRequest: 0x281d83b60; eventLabel: SBUIApplicationIconLaunchEventLabel; display: Main; source: FloatingDock> was declined: Failed preflight

Which makes no sense because the device IS connected to the Internet (and various Apple servers are reachable).

Related Developer Forums threads :

Related StackOverflow questions :

• Apple folks : I filled FB13517560 with a sysdiagnose of an affected device and the error reproduced

• Maybe related : https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/126745

(though I'm getting the same SSL error on both a working and non-working iPad, and the thread is old, so I'm not convinced this is a root cause of the problem)

Add a Comment

I'm getting the same error has there been any resolution to the issue?

• @golfman Not on my end. I'm trying to get a hold of someone at Apple to look at the issue, but so far everyone redirected me to someone else... Can I ask what MDM solution you are using to distribute your app?

Add a Comment

We are not seeing this issue anymore with devices updated to iOS 17.3+

Apple probably silently fixed the problem.

• We have confirmed this to occur on iOS 17.4 devices. The issue is still ongoing.

Add a Comment

I should be able to help you, what is your contact information?

Still happening as of Xcode 15.2 and iPhone 13 mini on 17.4.1.