unlimitedStorage permission does not work for indexedDB for safari extension

I have a Safari extension needs to store more than 10GB data in indexedDB. I added unlimitedStorage permission to my extension, but there's still a limitation about 1.5GB, after write 1.5GB data in indexedDB, all put operation will failed with 'Failed to PutOrAdd in database because not enough space for domai'

At this time, storage.local can still write. I'm not sure why, but Firefox and Chrome both can give unlimited storage for the indexedDB, so, please apply the permission also for indexedDB!

It's hard to manage a big data by the raw storage.local API.

I have a workaround now, use indexedDB to maintain the relationship of keys, and store all binary data in storage.local

I think I need to give up, the performance of storage.local.set in Safari is very poor. about 600+ key-value, value is string and size of each value is about 1MB, Chrome only needs 20ms to set, safari needs 1000+ms. Please improve the performance!!!!

test code, time complexity for set operation seems to be O(n), n is the stored data size

(async () => {
    function makeid(length) {
        let result = '';
        const characters = 'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789';
        const charactersLength = characters.length;
        let counter = 0;
        while (counter < length) {
          result += characters.charAt(Math.floor(Math.random() * charactersLength));
          counter += 1;
        }
        return result;
    }
    for (let i = 0; i < 1000; i++) {
        const items = {}
        items[crypto.randomUUID()] = makeid(1024*1024)
        const start = Date.now();
        await chrome.storage.local.set(items)
        const end = Date.now();
        console.log("chrome.storage.local.set", end - start)
    }
})()```

unlimitedStorage permission does not work for indexedDB for safari extension

Q