Push Navigation changes in WatchOS10

I have a WatchOS app that uses Push Navigation. I statrted to make a change this morning (Xcode 15.0, watchOS10), and discovered that the look of Push Navigation has changed dramatically. Instead of a back arrow "<" and title in the upper left corner, there is now a larger "<" in a dim circle, and the title is right-justified under the clock, with some background transparency. See attached image for a "old vs. new" comparison.

In several cases, this isn't a problem, but I have some scenes in my app that require just about every bit of real estate of the screen, and now the UI loses a significant amount of room at the top.

Does anyone know if there's a way to force the old behavior? If not, I may need to do some significant jiggering of my user interface!

Same issue here. connected thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/736472

In these guidelines, it is mentioned that with a NavigationStack: “Don’t use a title on any subsequent views where a back button is present.” Also, the following WWDC23 video outlines how to migrate to the new WatchOS 10 paradigm.

Push Navigation changes in WatchOS10

Q