Push Navigation changes in WatchOS10

I have a WatchOS app that uses Push Navigation. I statrted to make a change this morning (Xcode 15.0, watchOS10), and discovered that the look of Push Navigation has changed dramatically. Instead of a back arrow "<" and title in the upper left corner, there is now a larger "<" in a dim circle, and the title is right-justified under the clock, with some background transparency. See attached image for a "old vs. new" comparison.

In several cases, this isn't a problem, but I have some scenes in my app that require just about every bit of real estate of the screen, and now the UI loses a significant amount of room at the top.

Does anyone know if there's a way to force the old behavior? If not, I may need to do some significant jiggering of my user interface!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MowinMan Down vote post of MowinMan

Replies

Same issue here. connected thread: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/736472

In these guidelines, it is mentioned that with a NavigationStack: “Don’t use a title on any subsequent views where a back button is present.” Also, the following WWDC23 video outlines how to migrate to the new WatchOS 10 paradigm.