iOS 17 app storage issue

Since updating my iPhone to iOS 17, I've noticed that my apps from the App Store are consuming an excessive amount of storage space (for example: when I used it for a few hours, it took up 3GB of storage) . This issue didn't occur when I was using iOS 14, 15, or 16 (I just tried it on several devices, with the same application and version). Has anyone else encountered this problem, and does anyone have suggestions for identifying its root cause?

Yes, even I faced the same problem. Suddenly my app used spaced bumped up by 4-5Gbs. I uninstalled few apps and reinstalled again.

Yes there is an issue with app storage in iOS 17, The cache data is somehow not getting erased from the app resulting in apps taking too much storage space. As off now only way is to offload the app or reinstall it, but the issue keeps on occurring. Waiting a soultion from Apple in the next update ASAP.

Hi all

any updates to this issue? this is taking up a lot of space for my apps.

Yes, i am also getting this same issue. My Phone app from iphone itself taking more than 2.8 gb while my friend's app is taking less than 200 mb.

Apple is quite no update on this thread. What is use of posting issue here? When I called them they are asking me to do factory reset!!!!’

We are experiencing he same thing on IOS 17.1.2 and 17.2. Does anyone know if Apple has a fix coming for this issue? Any way to downgrade to IOS 16.6.1 in the interim?

IOS 17.2.1 here. Storage issue is still persisting. Any other people also?

Hello there,

I am not sure if I am facing the same problem (given I have noticed it on customers using iOS 15 or iOS 16 as well), but 1 out of every 200 or 400 users has this storage issue, where the storage consumption explodes to unreasonable sizes.

Our installation usually is about 200MB to 300MB, I had it linked to our analytics reporting to get this data from the field, but all of the sudden we have users with 4GB or 5GB for no good reason.

Listing their directories, I can totalise everything they have under the app and documents to be a little over 500MB (this is including the bundle with its resources)... so where are the other 3.5GB of data iOS is reporting?

iOS 17 app storage issue

Q