"GOT load reloc does not point to a LDR instruction" - XCode 15 linking issue

Hi all,

I've inherited a legacy project I've been working to clean up and have run into a new issue trying to build with XCode 15. The project builds to simulator using rosetta but any attempt to build to devicefails. It built fine with XCode 14 so I'm assuming something changed in 15 but I have no idea where to look.

It seems to build all of the subprojects successfully and then it gets to Build Target AppName, completes several steps, and errors on 'Link <ProjectName (arm64)' with the errors:

ld: warning: ignoring duplicate libraries: '-lc++', '-lsqlite3', '-lz'
ld: GOT load reloc does not point to a LDR instruction in _aom_highbd_sad64x16_avg_c

If anybody could suggest even a starting point for unpacking this I'd be deeply grateful!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 765386022

This isn’t the same issue, but see my response here. In short:

• There’s a new linker implementation.

• You can temporarily switch back to the old one.

• If you need a long-term fix, make sure to file a bug.

• If you do file a bug, please post your bug number, just for the record.

In your specific case, I’m curious what tool built this _aom_highbd_sad64x16_avg_c code?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

I'm facing the same problem as you. Please share it with us when it's resolved

I'm facing the same problem as you. Please share it with us when it's resolved If I find it, I'll share it here

Accepted Answer

This isn’t the same issue, but see my response here. In short:

• There’s a new linker implementation.

• You can temporarily switch back to the old one.

• If you need a long-term fix, make sure to file a bug.

• If you do file a bug, please post your bug number, just for the record.

In your specific case, I’m curious what tool built this _aom_highbd_sad64x16_avg_c code?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

@eskimo Thank you, that addressed it (for now)! I had read through the xcode release notes but I must have tabbed past the linking section. The code looks like it was omitted by libaom.xcframework which is a media codec of some kind that I'll have to dog into.

@silexKhan See eskimo's comment above; it worked for me.

Hi all, i had facing this issue when generating ipa file, any solution?? or How can i switch back to old linker implementation??

add -ld64 in other link flags. work for me https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/731090

"GOT load reloc does not point to a LDR instruction" - XCode 15 linking issue

Q