Xcode 15, how to uncheck "Connect via network" for physical device?

This thread has been locked by a moderator.
  • Would love a solution here as well !

I have to disconnect my iPhone from the wifi if I want to debug, because even if plugged, debugging seems to prioritize network over usb. It also seems to slow down all my network connections on my phone which is a bummer.

I observed a clear regression from beta 8, it was way faster on the prior iOS 17 / Xcode 15 betas.

• Same, it's absolutely killing me how slow app launches and debugging are.

• +1

Apple Recommended

• Can you point more precise than "Xcode Release Notes"? I'm unable to find anything related in the changelog from "Xcode 15.1 Beta 2 Release Notes" or "Xcode 15.0.1 Release Notes"

• What if Apple "keeps this professional" and does not take such radical decisions that affects hundreds of thousands of people. Loading apps on device and debugging is extremely slow, and I've lost hours of works because of this. Guessing by the comments here, tons of feedback has been received by Apple, even from the beta stage, yet Apple released this crawling Xcode.

• Using and debugging with Xcode is now so pain in the *** that I seriously consider using another tool and Apple answer is not an answer !

Replies

Hi @eskimo, do you have any update on this? It's impossible to debug using two devices and a single cable, when unplugging one and plugging the other one, debugging continues on the former device. Is such a scenario illegal, and does Apple want us to stop doing it?

do you have any update on this?

No. If I have info to share, I’ll update the pinned answer.

Is such a scenario illegal … ?

I can’t answer legal questions. However, my general advice still stands: If this is causing you grief, I recommend that you file a bug with the details of your particular situation. My pinned answer has specific advice on how to do that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks, unfortunately I've filled a couple of bug reports over the years, and also feature improvement reports, and none of them ever got tackled. It looks like Apple doesn't need our bug reports anyways.

Add a Comment

Same problem. It broke the devs entirely. This is worst thing ever... XCode Version 15.2 (15C500b) macOS 14.3.1 (23D60)