Not able to create a web app with Safari

When I click “Add” to make a web app of any website, Safari shows me an error saying; “You don’t have permission to save the file '(website)' in the folder 'Applications'. To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.” I don’t get what “the item” means, but I went to the applications folder, right clicked and got up “Get info” and it says I can read and write. I tried giving Safari full disk access. But still, same result. Is this a Sonoma bug? Or is it something wrong on my end?

Answered by Frameworks Engineer in 765958022

Some third party scripts or apps may cause the permissions of your Applications folder to be misconfigured. To repair the permissions of your Applications folder, follow these steps:

1. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, type Terminal in the search field, then click Terminal.
  2. In Terminal, type or paste: sudo chown $(whoami) ~/Applications
  3. Press Return to enter the command.
  4. When prompted, type your administrator password. Terminal doesn’t show any characters as you type. Then press Return.
  5. In Terminal, type or paste: chmod u+rwx ~/Applications
  6. Press Return to enter the command.
  7. Open Safari and add any website to the Dock.

If you still can’t add a website or shortcut to Dock, follow these steps:

1. In the Finder, choose Go > Home.
  2. Drag your Applications folder to Trash.
  3. Open Safari and add any website or shortcut to the Dock.
Accepted Answer

Some third party scripts or apps may cause the permissions of your Applications folder to be misconfigured. To repair the permissions of your Applications folder, follow these steps:

1. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock, type Terminal in the search field, then click Terminal.
  2. In Terminal, type or paste: sudo chown $(whoami) ~/Applications
  3. Press Return to enter the command.
  4. When prompted, type your administrator password. Terminal doesn’t show any characters as you type. Then press Return.
  5. In Terminal, type or paste: chmod u+rwx ~/Applications
  6. Press Return to enter the command.
  7. Open Safari and add any website to the Dock.

If you still can’t add a website or shortcut to Dock, follow these steps:

1. In the Finder, choose Go > Home.
  2. Drag your Applications folder to Trash.
  3. Open Safari and add any website or shortcut to the Dock.
Not able to create a web app with Safari

Q