Seeking Advice on Unjust Review Rejection Due to Existing Identical App

I find myself in a predicament that requires help and advice from you.

I have developed an app for the App Store, which has been successfully available for several years and generates revenue through subscriptions. In the past, multiple updates for my app were accepted and released, leading to a positive experience with Apple.

However, I recently received a review rejection that presents a significant challenge.

The rejection is based on the premise that an identical app already exists in the App Store.

Theoretically, this is correct. However, the other app is also from me!

The pre-existing identical app was unlawfully published by another developer using my code. This matter has already been legally resolved, and Apple officially confirmed it with Apple ref# APP152466. The other app has been deactivated by Apple and is no longer available in the App Store.

Despite this clarification, I received only a cryptic response

"We are unable to continue our review of your App Store submission because your app is identical to a previously submitted app, [...], which was involved in an App Store Notices dispute (reference number: APP152466)"

to my inquiry regarding the review rejection, without a clear acknowledgment or an explanation that the situation was understood.

Subsequently, I attempted to initiate a dispute through the appropriate Apple channel, but after several days, I have yet to receive a response.

My primary issue is that I am incurring financial losses due to this ongoing rejection of Apple, even though my app is entirely legitimate and does not violate Apple's guidelines.

My expectation is that Apple will recognize the situation, and proceed with the review in the normal way.

_But I feel stuck and don't know how to proceed. It looks to me like I am at the mercy of the given system without anyone at Apple seriously looking into my case. _ Hence, I am turning to the developer community for guidance:

• Does anyone have an idea of what my next logical step should be?

• Or whom I can contact to professionally resolve this situation with Apple?

Any advice or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated and would go a long way in helping me navigate this difficult situation.

Thanks in advance,

Answered by App Review in 766569022

If you disagree with the outcome of our review, you may consider submitting an appeal to the App Review Board.

When filing your appeal, make sure to:

• Provide specific reasons why you believe your app complies with the App Store Review Guidelines.
  • Submit only one appeal per rejection.
  • Respond to any requests for additional information before submitting an appeal.

The App Review Board will contact you directly as soon as they've completed their investigation.

Accepted Answer

If you disagree with the outcome of our review, you may consider submitting an appeal to the App Review Board.

When filing your appeal, make sure to:

• Provide specific reasons why you believe your app complies with the App Store Review Guidelines.
  • Submit only one appeal per rejection.
  • Respond to any requests for additional information before submitting an appeal.

The App Review Board will contact you directly as soon as they've completed their investigation.

You should call Apple about this. https://developer.apple.com/contact/#!/topic/select

The case has finally been solved, and the app has been successfully released for the App Store.

This is of course gratifying, however I am extremely dissatisfied with the entire process. If Apple had understood my initial request with the Apple reference number right away, the situation probably would have been resolved much faster.

Instead, it seemed that my references to the situation were either not read properly or not understood.

It wasn't until my post here on the forum that the case was looked at in more detail by Apple's side and finally resolved.

During the further review process there were some more rejections and it turned out for some points that the offending parts in the app were already in order. From the time of the initial submission to the final approval was a full 16 days.

I understand that Apple strives to provide the best possible app quality to end users.

Nevertheless, I believe that improved communication during the review process could significantly reduce costs for us app developer companies, for example through more detailed feedback and explanations from the Apple review personnel.

It is advisable for every developer to mention in detail in the submission text where the tester can find the desired information. Even though this is time-consuming, it helps to complete the entire process in less time.

Seeking Advice on Unjust Review Rejection Due to Existing Identical App

Q