Does restoring an iCloud backup on a new device install ad-hoc apps?

When using the "Quick Start" function on a new device, apps are downloaded from the App Store, and the app data itself is restored from an iTunes or iCloud backup.

What I would like to know is if the same behavior applies to apps installed through Ad-Hoc. More specifically, I'm trying to test how my app handles being restored on a new device, since it has some inner counter-measures to avoid this for security purposes. (For example, I'm marking several files as "do not back up")

Note: My app exists on the App Store, but I'd like to test a newer version which isn't available on the App Store yet. My testing process is as follows:

1. Install the current version of my app through Ad-Hoc on device A.
  2. Perform a back up (enable it and wait for the device to finish)
  3. Use Quick Start on device B.
  4. Once the setup has finished, install the new version of my app using Ad-Hoc on device B.

Some things I'm unsure about are,

• I've read some old articles stating that the app data (not the app itself) from ad-hoc apps is actually backed up by iCloud and can be restored on a new device. (Is this still true?)
  • Will Quick Start on device B attempt to install the App Store version of my app?
  • I assume installing the App Store version on device A will trigger "Quick Start" to automatically install the App Store version on device B (along with the backed up data). Can I just install the new version through Ad-Hoc on device B without affecting the app's backed up installed data?
  • Will Quick Start still install the App Store version on device B if I first download the App Store version on device A and overwrite it with the Ad-Hoc version?

Thanks for any information you can provide.